Chapter 2

When we got home, Mitchell carried me into the house. He sat me down on the couch, and Finn followed. "We have to tighten your expander now, Cam." Said Finn. He put my head on his lap, and opened my mouth. He inserted the key in my expander, and rotated it. I felt immense pain, and tried to escape Finn, but he pulled me back down. "Not done yet, Cammy." He said. I was crying, but Finn opened my mouth and turned the key two more times. It hurt so bad, and I cried into Mitchell. I tried to get up, but then Finn said that I wasn't done yet. He rolled my lips back from my teeth, and started to put elastics around the hooks on my teeth. After a little while, he weaved a wire around the hooks, and tied it. My mouth was in a lot of pain, so Mitchell and Finn were cuddling with me on the couch, and we were watching a movie. I fell asleep during the movie, so when I woke up, I was in my bed. I fell back asleep, before something else could wake me up.
The next morning, my entire head hurt, so I went downstairs to grab Advil. I grabbed the bottle, but then realized that I wouldn't be able to eat the pill, because my jaw was wired shut. My back slid down the counter, and I started sobbing. A few minutes later, Tyler walked into the kitchen. When he saw me, he immediately picked me up and brought me over to the couch. He held me until I calmed down, and turned on the TV. "What's wrong, Cammy?" He said. Finn wired my jaw shut, and now my mouth really hurts, and I can't take any Advil. I texted him. "Aww, pour baby." He said sympathetically. "After breakfast, I can take you to the pharmacy, and we can pick up some liquid pain medication, alright?" He said. I nodded in response. I snuggled into Tyler, and watched the TV. About an hour later, the rest of my brothers came downstairs. No one really knew what Mitchell and Finn did to me yesterday, so they were confused when I didn't talk. "What's wrong, Cam?" Said Kade. "Finn wired her jaw shut yesterday." Said Tyler. "And now her mouth really hurts." "It can't be that bad." Said Nathan. I glared at him, because he didn't know that. Out of all my brothers, only Mitchell, Finn, Gabe and Tyler have had braces. The rest of my brothers literally have perfectly straight teeth, and they didn't have braces. Tyler especially knows my pain, because the had a lot of dental problems when he was younger. "Shut up, Nate." Said Gabe. "You don't even know what it feels like to have metal glued to your teeth." Hungry I texted Charlie. He normally makes breakfast for us in the morning, and since I wouldn't be able to eat, I didn't know what I would have for breakfast. "I'll make you a smoothie for breakfast, Cam." Said Charlie. "The rest of you can have cereal." I quickly drank my smoothie, and got changed. "Cam, we're leaving now." Shouted Tyler. I ran down the stairs, and put my shoes on. I walked out the door, and got into Tyler's car. We drove to the pharmacy, and picked up pain meds. We drove back home, and as soon as I walked into the house, I took a dose of pain medication. When I was done, Finn started to talk to me. "Cam, for the elastics, I take them off once a day. I would prefer to do it before a meal, so that you can eat normally, and then brush your teeth. So, which meal would you like me to take the elastics off for?" He asked. Dinner I texted him. He nodded, and walked away. I was about to walk up the stairs, when someone grabbed me, and threw me over their shoulder. I couldn't tell who it was, until he brought me into his room, and sat me down on his bed. It was Gabe. "Hey Cam," He said. "How's it going?" I shrugged. "It'll get better, sweetie." He said. "You know, Tyler had jaw surgery when he was younger. Look at how he is now. When his jaw was wired shut, he couldn't undo it once a day." I nodded. "I need to talk to you about something, Cam." He said. "Next week, Mateo and I are doing physicals at your school for all of the students. I know you don't like doctors, so if you want, Mateo and I could do your check up tomorrow, in the clinic. This might be better for you, because there will be less pressure on you." He knew I was terrified of doctors, so it was nice that he was giving me an option. Mateo is Gabe's best friend, who is also a doctor. He is really nice, and he is my primary care doctor, because Gabe can't be mine, because he is family. He can still legally help out though, as long as Mateo is doing most of it. "Option number one," Said Gabe. "Is at school. Option number two, is tomorrow at the clinic. Which one?" He asked. I held two fingers up, and Gabe smiled. "Good choice, Cammy." He said. He then picked me up again, and carried back downstairs. He threw me on the couch, and I giggled. "Is that a smile, Cammy?" Said Tyler, who was sitting on the couch. "I think so." Said Gabe, smirking. At the same time they both started to tickle me, and I laughed. A few minutes later, they stopped, and stared to watch a movie. I fell asleep, and when I woke up, it was almost dinner time.
I walked into the kitchen, rubbing my eyes, only to see that Charlie wasn't making dinner. In fact, there wasn't anyone in the kitchen. Where are you guys? I texted on our group chat. No one responded, but a few seconds later, they walked in the door, carrying a lot of take out food. I smiled, as almost everyone had something different. "Here ya go, Cam." Said Tyler, giving me a box of take out sushi. I smiled. Tyler knew me the best, and he was my favourite brother. Finn and Mitchell had Thai food, and Kade and Nate pizza, and Tyler, Charlie and Gabe had Burger King. I really wanted to eat, so I walked over to Finn, and started poking him. "What?" He asked. I glared at him. I was his fault I had to do this anyways. I pointed to my teeth, and he sighed. I followed him over to the couch, and he sat dow cross legged, patting his lap. I laid down, and opened my mouth. Finn cut the wire, and removed all the elastics, and then my mouth was free! It felt amazing, and I ran back to the kitchen to eat my sushi. We all ate our take out food at the table, and it felt great to eat solid food. I finished quickly, and tried to escape before Finn could tighten my expander, but Mitchell caught me. He dragged me back into the kitchen, attracting everyone else's attention. "What happened, Mitch?" Said Gabe. "Cam was trying to escape." Said Mitchell. Gabe nodded, and went back to eating. Mitchell sat me down at the table next to Finn, and Finn held onto my wrist. I was getting more and more anxious, because Mitchell had walked away to get something, and I didn't want it to be the key for my expander. A few minutes later, I was relieved that Mitchell was just getting ice cream. He came back wth a small bowl of of chocolate ice cream, and Advil. I took the Advil, then ate my ice cream. When we were all finished eating, I stood up, taking my dished over to the counter, and loading them in the dishwasher. Everyone else brought their stuff over, and I put it in the dishwasher. I was washing the dishes that couldn't be put in the dishwasher, when Finn came up to me, smirking. "Doing the dishes isn't going to get you out of me tightening your expander Cameron." He said. "But thanks for washing the dishes." He smirked. I glared at him, and kept washing the dishes. Sadly, I finished too soon, and Mitchell caught me trying to escape to my room. He picked me up, and brought me over to the couch, where Finn was already sitting. He put me down on the couch next to Finn, and Finn patted his lap, motioning for me to lay down. I anxiously did, and almost flipped out when I felt his gloved hands massaging my jaw. My jaw opened, and before a could close it, Finn inserted the key into the expander, turning it three times. This left me in excruciating pain, and I started sobbing. Finn then closed my mouth, but rolled back my lips from my teeth, and started hooking the elastics around my mouth. Then, he wrapped a wire around the hooks, securing my mouth shut. I was crying really hard, and so Mitchell scooped me up in his arms, cradling me. He carried me up to my room, and put me down. He then pulled the covers over me, and kissed me goodnight. I soon fell asleep, worn out from all the crying.