05. Betrayal

Edmund was walking through the courtyard and saw Giant Rumblebuffin. He walked further in and saw a stone lion. He drew glasses and a moustache on it.

Edmund continued through the courtyard. He stepped over what he thought was a log of some sort... only to be lurched on by Maugrim.

"Stand still stranger!" Maugrim ordered.

"I'm a Son of Adam, I met the Queen in the woods!" Edmund explained.

Maugrim got off him. "My apologies, fortunate favourite of the queen - or perhaps not so fortunate." He led Edmund into the throne room. "Wait here." He walked away.

Edmund saw the White Witch's throne and sat on it longingly.

The White Witch came up behind him and said, scaring him half to death, "You like it!"

He jumped up, startled. "Ye...  yes, your majesty!"

"I thought you might. Tell me, your sisters, are they deaf?"

"No."

"And your brother, unintelligent?"

"Well I think so, but mum says..."

"Then how dare you come alone. Edmund, I ask so little of you."

"They just don't listen to me!"

"Couldn't even do that!"

"I... I did bring them half way. They're at the dam at the house of the beaver's!"

"Well... I guess you're not a total loss, then."

Edmund approached again and asked, "Is there any chance I may have some more Turkish delight now?"

"Ginarrbrik, our guest is hungry."

"This way... for your num-nums..." Ginarrbrik told Edmund, leading him away, a spear to Edmund's back.

"Maugrim!!!! You know what to do...."

Maugrim let out a howl and Edmund realised the horrible truth as wolves surrounded the castle.

They charged from the castle.

BEAVER HOME

"Take them," Maugrim ordered.

The wolves stalked around the dam, slowly surrounding it.

[Posting another part as well since this one is so short]