09. Reunited at Last

THE WITCH'S CAMP

The Witch spoke to Otmin the Minotaur who said, "The minotaurs will take the left flanks. We'll keep the giants in reserve and send the dwarves in first." She looked at the plans. "The prisoner!"

Aslan's army came in, lead by Oreius. The Witch went through camp and saw Ginarrbrik tied to the tree with a gag around his mouth. She grabbed the knife and cut the dwarf free.

"You're not going to kill me?" Ginarrbrik asked.

"Not yet!" the Witch cried, turning to Otmin. "We have work to do."

ASLAN'S CAMP

Peter walked out of the tent and saw Oreius. He noticed Edmund talking to Aslan on a hill. The girls walked out of their tent.

"Edmund!" Lucy and Isabel cried.

Peter stopped them. Aslan and Edmund looked at them. Aslan motioned Edmund down and they joined the siblings.

"What's done is done," Aslan said. "There is no need to speak to Edmund about what has passed."

"Hello..." Edmund greeted awkwardly.

Lucy's smile widened. "Oh, Edmund!" She threw her arms around him excitedly.

Isabel smiled. "We were worried about you, Ed."

Susan soon hugged the two of them and asked, "Are you all right?"

"I'm a little tired," Edmund replied.

Isabel gave him a light smile. "Get some rest. It would do you well."

Peter nodded. "I agree. Get some sleep... and Edmund, try not to wander off again."

Edmund walked off to the tent he would be sharing with Peter to get some rest.

A few hours later, he came out from the tent for breakfast.

He grabbed a piece of toast from the table the children were all sitting at and Lucy gave him a small smile. "Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed."

Peter took a moment to think before saying, "Make sure you pack some up for the journey back."

Susan turned to face her brother and frowned. "So we're going home?"

"You are. I promised I'd keep you three safe. But there's no reason I can't help and stay."

Isabel shook her head. "No, Peter. The prophecy calls for all five of us."

Lucy glanced at Isabel and said, "She's right. They need us... all five of us!"

Peter glanced at his youngest sister. "Lucy, Isabel, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed!"

"Which is why we have to stay," Edmund explained, causing everyone to look at him. "I've seen what the White Witch can do and I've helped her do it, and we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it."

Lucy took Edmund's hands just as Susan stood. "Well, I guess that's it, then."

Peter frowned and asked, "Where are you going?"

Susan knelt down and picked up her bow and quiver. "To get some practice."

While the boys went to a field to practise sword fighting, Isabel went with Lucy and Susan to the archery field. Susan aimed her bow and released the arrow, trying to hit a bullseye, but kept missing.

Lucy smirked at her sister and threw her dagger. Without trying, she got a bullseye.

Isabel laughed softly glanced at Susan. "Focus on where you want your target and aim your arrow at wherever you decide that target shall be. Like Father Christmas said, "Trust in your bow and it shall not easily miss.""

"Thanks, Isabel," Susan answered. "I'll do my best to remember."

Lucy caught her eldest sister off-guard by asking, "Isabel, will the White Witch take Edmund back?"

Isabel shook her head. "No, Lucy, I should think not. Aslan has our brother now, and he is in far better, far safer company."

The beavers ran up and Mr. Beaver said, "The White Witch is on her way to meet with Aslan!"

The sisters left to see why the Witch wanted to speak to Aslan.

FIELD

Peter and Edmund rode up on horses, practising sword fighting.

"Come on! En guard!" Peter said. "Keep your sword up like Oreius showed us! Now block!"

The beavers came running up and Edmund's horse reared.

"Whoa, horsey," Edmund cried.

"My name is Philip," the horse told him.

Edmund, shocked, apologised. "Oh, sorry."

"You'd better come quick!" Mr. Beaver yelled. "The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan. She's on her way there!"

The boys galloped off to see what the Witch wanted.