twenty four

Calum.

To say the least, she was definitely having anxiety over all the the scans she was going to have to do.

It was soon four in the morning and I had her sitting on the nurses desk as I tried to calm her down from her crying her eyes out.

She had yet to talk to me about what triggered it, but I knew- it wasn't going to be a good day.

Montana.

"Where's Luke?" I asked the guy who had woken me up from my sleep.

"Setting up all of your scans, he sent me here to get you."

Luke wouldn't send a guy I didn't know to come get me, he knew I wouldn't like that.

"Let me listen to your heart" I felt my head almost spin at the words

Was this deja vu?

And just like that, it started playing like a movie

He started with the groping
He moved into the kissing

All while I fought him, screaming Noah's name.

Just as his hand went past my waistband, I woke up.

I gasped as I threw myself to sit up, tears already running down my face, a monitor beside me clicking on- making a loud noise.

Just as I choked out a sob, Calum ran in, clicking off the monitor once he saw that I was awake, but still panicking.

"Are you hurt? What hurts?" He asked me.

As I continued to cry, I kept trying to pull him closer to me, to make him hug me.

He ended up bringing me to sit on the nurses station where he stood in front of my knees, letting me hold his shirt in my hands as I continued to cry over the very detailed nightmare.

"Talk to me, angel" he spoke calmly.

I leaned onto him, feeling my head hit his shoulder? Making his arms move around me, holding me into a hug.

Calum.

as soon as I brought my arms around her, I could tell she tried to start relaxing herself.

Her cried quieted, hiccups taking he place.
Her hands still held my shirt firmly,

So I held her as long as she wanted me to.

I was assuming that she had dreamt about her previous sexual assault due to all of the big scans that she had been earned about today, but I wasn't sure.

Just as I pulled away to look to her, she wiped her tears, still fighting hiccups.

"Need to talk?" I asked her calmly, seeing her exhale immediately.

"Can I just stay here with you?" She spoke quietly.

"Don't you want to try to get more rest?" I asked her, knowing she had almost just went to sleep and Luke would have a long day set out for him if she didn't get a few more hours of sleep.

"No" she answered me almost immediately, making me exhaled.

"Then yes, you can stay here, but if you get sleepy just let me know and I will take you back to bed."

She was content with that

So she watched me do paperwork for a while, myself talking to her to keep our conversation going.

"So why are you just a night doctor?" She asked me.

"I used to work the same shift as Luke, the hospital just really needed a night shift doctor, so I stepped in to do it for a while, just until they hire the position out to someone else." I answered her, seeing her nod.

Luke.

I walked into work, being greeted by several nurses and other doctors.

"Oh Doctor Hemmings, your patient is such a sweetheart. She has had us all laughing at the nurses station for several hours." A nurse smiled to me as I swiped my badge to get into the attendings lounge.

"My patient?" I asked, wondering who the hell had already been up for a few hours considering it was five in the morning.

"Yes, Montana- she has such a good personality." She smiled to me.

She must've had a bad night to be up this early.

"She does, thank you for letting me know." I laughed to her as I set my bag down, taking off my jacket.

As soon as I walked into the main area, I could see Montana sitting on the nurses station counter, talking to Calum who was standing close to her, rubbing her shoulders gently as he focused to her face.

When I rounded the corner to where I could see her, I could tell that she had been crying, but she was currently holding a small smile as she spoke.

"Good morning Doctor Hemmings" a nurse greeted me, making both Montana and Calum turn to me, Montana instantly smiling to me.

"Morning guys" I smiled to them, seeing Calum nod to me firmly.

"Why are you awake so early?" I asked her as I stepped closing, catching her wrist to feel her pulse, which was normal.

"Nightmare" she spoke simply, Calum confirming with a nod that told me that he needed to talk to me.

"About what?" I asked her immediately

"I forgot" she lied to me, dismissing it immediately before starting a different story about a patient throwing up and Calum having to clean it, which was clearly amusing to the two of them.

"Well, why don't we get you back to your room so we can do your vitals and start prepping you for all your scans. You have a long day ahead of you." I told her, seeing her happy expression drop

Montana.

And just like that, I remembered

I was still a patient

And as much fun as I have here, trying to dismiss all the pain and fear that I constantly feel here

I am still, just a patient.