eight

"I don't blame you, it pisses me off and she isn't my family" Ashton spoke, making me slowly nod.

"She's done" Luke spoke, looking to the machine before looking back to her.

"Hey, Montana?" He spoke slowly, moving her arm to where he could get the IV out.

She didn't respond, which made us all laugh.

"Montana" he spoke again, making me rub her arm gently, which made her sit up quietly, looking to Luke.

"Tired?" Luke asked her slowly.

"Dizzy" she responded simply, making him nod.

"I expected that, I'm going to take your IV out and then we can get you some rest in your room, how's that sound?" He asked her.

"Okay" she nodded in agreement.

I watched him slowly take the needle out of her arm, covering it with a bandaid.

"Too dizzy to walk?" He asked her as she sat up, throwing her legs over the side of her chair.

"I can walk" she mumbled, moving to her feet slowly.

I noticed him moving closer to her- which confused me, but then she took her first four steps before stumbling quickly, and thankfully- he fully caught her before she hit the wall.

"Too dizzy." He confirmed to her with a small laugh.

She stayed in his arms, which shocked me yet again.

"Where are all the wheelchairs?" Luke asked Ashton, looking to one section of the room.

Ashton glanced to the same area, sighing, "we just had to move all of the older patients from central care to urgent care facilities due to space" he spoke simply, making Luke sigh, looking to Montana.

"Can I carry you?" He asked her slowly.

She hesitated, shocking me lightly.

"Can Noah?" She asked quietly, making him look to me.

"Do you mind?" He asked me.

"Of course not" I spoke, moving to her.

He held her up until I could lift her bridal style, and her head immediately hit my shoulder, her body going limp.

I carried her to her room, immediately laying her in bed.

"Okay sweet girl" Luke spoke, digging through a normally locked cabinet, bringing her something.

"Let this dissolve on your tongue, okay?" He spoke slowly, making her immediately do it.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked me, making me immediately follow him out the room, Ashton joining us.

"So I have to go to a surgery, Ashton will be doing rounds, he should come by every ten to fifteen minutes. If she gets sick, push the nurses button. She'll go through some mood swings, encourage her to sleep, it won't mess up her sleep schedule, because she'll still be exhausted. I think that's all, any questions?" He asked me slowly.

"I don't think so" I spoke swiftly.

"Okay, I'll see you guys in hopefully an hour" he spoke, smiling to me lightly.

"Good luck with your surgery." I spoke before entering the room again.

I pulled a chair beside her, she laid on her side- her eyes closed.

"You okay?" I asked, knowing that she wasn't asleep.

"Mhm" he hummed lightly.

"Dizzy?" I asked her.

"Yes" she immediately responded.

I turned one of her favorite movies on, seeing her open her eyes at the theme song, which made me feel successful.

About fifteen minutes into the movie, I saw her sit up quickly.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I'm gonna throw-" she didn't even finish the sentence before she was up and running- running straight into the wall before quickly redirecting to the bathroom, and I moved quick behind her- not quick enough to stop her from hitting the wall, but quick enough to grab her hair.

Fun fact about myself, I'm a contagious throw upper- if I see someone puking, I'm more than likely to puke.

I held strong.

I couldn't look at her- I could barely listen- I just held her hair and stared to the floor, praying it would stop.

Thankfully- I soon heard Ashton's voice.

"She just got sick?" His voice asked, and I felt his presence behind me.

"Yes- I'm going to need you to take over hair duty or I'm going to have to throw up too."

Montana.

I literally had nothing else to throw up, but my body was still gagging.

Ashton had taken over holding my hair- and to say the least, he was much better at taking care of me than Noah.

He rubbed my back, talked to me- assured me that I was okay, and wiped my mouth every ten seconds almost- even if I hadn't thrown up.

Tears were streaming down my face as I sat on my knees- needing to throw up but not being able to.

"Help me" I cried out, hearing Ashton hitting buttons on his pager.

"Take deep breaths" he spoke calmly, rubbing my back gently.

Tears continued to make their way down my cheeks as he comforted me, being cautious of how much comfort he gave, which made it even better.

"Got your page" Luke's voice spoke, and I felt his hand lightly touch my head.

"She's thrown up stomach acids even- SHES just dry heaving, nothing else to throw up" Ashton told him slowly.

I heard him leave, making me look to Ashton.

"He isn't going to help?" I cried out, gripping my chest as the hot feeling that was stuck in my throat.

"He's getting you medicine now"