thirty eight

Luke.

Soon Austin was forced to go to his own room by Harry for vitals and I joined Montana, sitting beside her in her bed.

For all she was going through, she was so happy.

Chemo was getting worse and worse for her.
Her and Noah were constantly bickering now.
She never admitted it, but I could tell she was constantly worried about Austin, Calum would tell me that he would catch her sleeping in a chair in his room, just to "be sure" as she would tell him.

"You know what's so weird" Montana spoke to me quietly.

"What?" I whispered back.

"Cancer was the worst thing that ever happened to me, right?" She asked.

"Sure" I nodded.

"But yet, I feel so complete." She spoke to me, making me smile.

"I mean, I have you and Calum who I literally hated at first and now I think I'd die without seeing you guys everyday." She spoke with a laugh

"And then I have Ashton and Michael, who I'm not as close with, but yet they still manage to show me how much they love me, even though they only know me through you and Calum." She continued.

"And then- I met Austin through this" she spoke, looking to me

"So yeah, it sucks that it was under these circumstances and it sucks that Austin and I still have so much to go through, but yet I can't help but feel so happy, because I'm so complete," she spoke to me, making me throw my arm over her shoulder, hugging her gently.

"You guys make me complete."

"Well, since we are spilling hearts here" I laughed out, making her say a quick "oh God".

"You have completely changed the way I look at patients and cancer period" I mumbled to her.

"Like I was so scared to take your case because it seemed so complicated with the assault and having to actually gain your trust, I almost didn't take it- Noah pretty much talked me into it" I laughed to her, hearing her chuckle lightly.

"But yet, that was the best decision I ever made because I got someone who I admire as the strongest person in the world. Someone who I can finally look to as a little sister." I told her, making her laugh.

"You're making me cry" she laughed out, fanning her face quickly.

"I'm sorry" I laughed, squeezing her a little more.

"You just- amaze me everyday, your strength is so admirable." I told her.

"And then to manage to be so happy regardless of what you're going through, it's just- mind blowing." I spoke, feeling her head lean on my shoulder

"I love you, Luke" I told him slowly.

"I love you too, Montana."