twenty nine

Luke.

Ten minutes later her heart rate was slow and stable, blood pressure was textbook perfect and she was just calmly playing with my fingers, letting me hold her body.

"Okay Montana, I'm not starting anything just yet, but can I get you to scoot down just a little for me?"

She did as said, I followed her and Michael gave an approving nod.

"Whenever it feels comfortable for you, just put your feet on the stirrups for me."

She hesitated for a solid moment and no one rushed her.

She put her feet up, her heart rate never changing.

"Relax your head" I told her, guiding her to rest it in my shoulder, not wanting her looking at everything Michael was doing, just to make her panic more.

"Okay, I'm going to put my hand on the underneath of your right thigh and then I'm going to slowly insert the camera, you're just going to feel a lot of pressure, okay?" He told her calmly.

"Okay." She exhaled.

I could tell the minute he started because her pulse immediately increased, her grip on me tightened and her knees involuntarily went together.

"Open your knees Tana, just try and relax" michael spoke calmly, making her exhale and sob, almost coughing it out.

"It's more than just pressure" I squeezed her into me as she spoke.

"Is it pain?" Michael asked her calmly.

"I don't know- it's like almost pain, it's really uncomfortable" she sobbed out, holding me tighter than she ever has.

"I know it's uncomfortable Tana, just do some breathing and give me about ten minutes." He told her slowly.

As soon as I heard her choke on yet another cry, I made Ashton grab an oxygen mask, which I put on her, holding her as tightly as I could.

"Luke" she cried out, gripping my arm as if she was scared that I was going to let her go.

"Breathe with me." I told her calmly, making her mimic the way I took breaths, making them dramatic so that she would take in and release as much air as she could.

Ashton and Michael quietly discussed what they saw on the monitor as I held her to my body, breathing with her.

"It's been ten minutes" I felt her body cry out after maybe three minutes of a wait, poor baby, time was passing so slow for her

"A few more minutes love, I almost have the picture I need."

"Luke" she cried out again.

I couldn't think of anything else to do, so I just simply hummed a song to her that I had heard her play multiple times.

She quieted down to hear what I was doing before I felt her head relax , listening to my hums.

Her hands soon relaxed as they held my own.
Soon I felt her whole body slowly just relax into my body, her eyes shutting

"Is she asleep?" Michael was the first to ask.

"I think so" I mumbled, her not responding telling me that I was right.

About ten minutes later they had finally got the shot they needed, taking it all out of her.

I woke her up carefully once the guys left the room, seeing that the sedative was kicking her ass.

The nurse helped her put her underwear and leggings back on as I held her up for physical support.

"Ready to go back to your room?" I asked, bringing her towards a wheelchair slowly.

She sat in it, resting her head against her hand, closing her eyes.

"You did so good, kiddo. I'm proud of you" michael told her quietly as I brought her towards her room.

"Okay- let me sleep" she dismissed the compliment.

I got her in bed where Noah hit me with every question, which I answered as quickly and honestly as I could.

"I mean- is it worse?" He asked.

"I haven't gotten to see the transvaginal ultrasound, which is the test that tells us the most, but from the looks of her MRI an CAT scan, it appears to be the same size."

"And she was okay before she fell asleep?" He asked.

"A little upset like we expected, but she wasn't crying for very long, we were able to keep her pretty calm considering her trauma." I told him, seeing him nod.

"So I leave for work in about ten minutes should I do anything?" He asked.

"I know you probably want to, but I wouldn't wake her up. She's under a sedative and extremely relaxed and blunt and just tired- she won't be one hundred percent herself," I told him.

"But other than that, we got her, I'll be checking on her every ten minutes." I told him, seeing him nod

"Thank you, Luke"

"Anything for her"