thirty six

Luke.

I held her waist firmly, making sure she didn't feel any pain.

"Just around the nurses desk and back." I told her as we walked outside of her room door.

"Can we make a pit stop by Austin?" she asked, making me immediately laugh.

"Whatever you want to do." I told her, she deserved that.

We took slow steps, but she was doing so good.

I never let her go and she didn't seem to mind at all.

We walked into Austin's room, seeing him and Harry talking.

"Well if it isn't the sneaky kisser!" Harry spoke happily once he saw her.

"You look great" he then told her in a more serious tone, making her laugh.

"Don't lie to me" she spoke as Austin stood, making his oxygen off quickly before coming to her.

"Leave that on" she spoke, motioning to his oxygen.

"Oh- that- I don't need it-" "Austin im not stupid." She spoke in a warning tone as he hugged her in the most gentle way I've ever seen- as if he was terrified of hurting her.

"I never said you were" austin smiled to her as she let her hand go to her lower stomach, letting me know she may have been starting to feel some pain.

"Then wear your oxygen around me if you need it- its not like I'm going to leave you, fuck- I'm missing a whole ovary now." She spoke quickly, making him laugh, but he put the oxygen back on.

"See, looks good" she smiled to him, Harry shaking his head towards the two of them.

"You two are straight out of a movie" he laughed out.

"Okay- well my stomach is starting to hurt, so come see me soon, okay?" Montana spoke, not seeming to give him much of a choice.

"Of course" he immediately agreed.

I walked her back to her room, helping her into bed.

"You have to do this every thirty minutes that you're awake" I told her, seeing her roll her eyes, but immediately play it off with a smile.

I ended up sitting with her, letting her talk about how she felt and such.

Soon Austin and Harry had joined us, Austin surprisingly staying on his oxygen, which I knew was a relief to Harry, because Harry had been begging him to do so.

It was soon time for another walk and Austin took the lead, holding Montana as I had previously done, Harry and I both following closely behind just in case.

"It's cute" Harry commented, making me nod.

"I just hope it ends well for them both, they deserve happy endings to this shit" I mumbled back to him.

Montana.

"Am I hurting you?" Austin quickly asked me after I just gently moved his hand further up my side, finding that everything from my waist down was sore.

"No- I'm just sore" I told him, seeing him nod.

"So, when did the need for the oxygen finally hit you?" I asked him with a smile, seeing him shake his head towards me.

"Truth is, I've been needing it and I've just been fighting against it, especially around you" he spoke with a small laugh.

"You don't have to do that, you know that" I told him firmly, seeing him nod.

"I just want you to always think I'm strong and masculine-" "I'll always think you're strong and masculine." I quickly told him,

"You're sick, but I am too. Nothing about anything I see you go through is going to make you seem any different to me." I told him quickly.

"Oh Montana" he exhaled, looking straight forward

"What?" I laughed to him, squeezing his side gently.

"Oh nothing" he mumbled, looking to me

"I just care about you more than the average way"