10. Pasta "Date" <3

⚠️This chapter contains a quick mention of self harm⚠️

A sudden knock came from the lab door and caused Espresso to jump. He set the book he was studying down and walked to the door to open it.

"Hey! Are you ready to go?" Madeleine asked excitedly, jumping up and down a little bit.

Espresso nodded. He stepped out of his lab and they walked down the hallway to the front door. "Have you decided where we are headed?"

Madeleine nodded. "Turns out there's a new Italian restaurant that just opened, I figured we could try that!"

"Alright."

"And, the best part is," He said, his eyes sparkling. "I've been craving a specific kind of noodle, and I don't know what. Maybe I'll figure it out when we get there?" He smiled.

"Noodles do sound good.." Espresso said.

He turned to face him. "Aha! I knew you were hungry! You should stop ignoring your hunger."

He grinned and rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say, Madeleine..."

As they continued walking over to the main part of town, Espresso noticed how gorgeous it was. It was a very pretty evening, which he guessed to be about eight o'clock. With the setting sun casting vast silhouettes on the ground, along with the cool, soft breeze blowing this way and that. It was incredibly comforting. He had never really seen an afternoon like this since he was always in his house practicing his magic.

"I think this is it!" Madeleine had stopped outside a building. He grabbed Espresso's hand and led him inside.

Inside the restaurant, it was very crowded and noisy. He looked around at the beautifully decorated room. It was very dimly lit, and the large windows didn't give off too much light, as the sun was setting. The delicious scent of food drifted around the whole diner, making Espresso realize how hungry he truly was.

"Hello! Table for two please!" Madeleine smiled at the waitress checking groups of families in.

The cookie glanced up and gasped. "Oh my, Madeleine Cookie! What a surprise! Of all people, I certainly didn't expect to see the knight's commander from the castle dining at our restaurant!"

He laughed, still tightly gripping Espresso's hand. "Why, thank you! It's always nice to see a fan!"

She turned to Espresso. "And you! You must be proud to be eating out with Madeleine! He's quite the big deal here!"

He laughed. "Yes, I've heard.."

She turned back to face Madeleine. "Alright, just follow me, we have an empty table over here."

Leading the two cookies, they arrived at a table in the corner. They sat down across from each other.

"Someone will be right along to take your orders." The waitress handed them both a menu and wrapped up silverware, and walked away to help with more cookies.

Madeleine looked at Espresso. "Do you know what you want to order?"

He shook his head. "I'll probably just get whatever you get."

He groaned. "I still can't figure out what I've been craving.. It's like this.. this pasta.. thing..."

Espresso laughed. "Yes, I believe most pasta is Madeleine."

"No no, it's like.." He set his menu down on the table and tried to act out what kind of pasta he wanted.

He couldn't help but grin at how stupid the cookie looked. He glanced back at the menu to try and figure out what Madeline wanted. He picked a random kind. "Is it Ravioli?"