15: Home From The Hospital

"Hey, Espresso, wake up."

Espresso's eyes opened and he looked around. He was still in the hospital waiting room, and Latte was shaking him awake. He groaned. "What time is it..? I'm tired..."

"I know," she said. "And I'm sorry for waking you up, you seriously need your sleep, but it's, like, midnight and I just thought it would be better to go and take you home than to stay here."

He looked up at her. "But... What about Madeleine?"

Shaking her head, she stood up. "There's no telling when the healers will be done, it could be an hour, or it could be a week."

Espresso sighed and hesitantly stood up as well. "...Fine..."

They walked out of the hospital and began to go to Espresso's house. "If you want," She said. "I can stay with you until Madeleine's ready to leave the hospital."

He glanced up at her. "Are you sure? You really don't have to, I'll be okay on my own."

"Of course I'm sure." She smiled.

After taking a moment to think about it, he agreed. It would be nice to have Latte stay at his house for a while.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Espresso set his coffee mug down as he continued to work on his studies. It had been a little more than a week since they had left the hospital, and he was beginning to get stressed again.

It had been an entire week, what if something was going wrong? He had felt anxious the entire week, although he tried to ignore it at first, the feeling got worse as time went on.

He heard the front door slam shut. "Hey, Espresso?" He heard Latte yell.

"I guess Latte went somewhere." He looked up from his book. "Yeah?"

"Can you come here? I have something to tell you!"

Curious about what she needed to tell him, he immediately got up and walked out of his lab. Perhaps it was something about Madeleine! Maybe they could go visit him again! He would love that, he truly missed him.

"What is it?"

Latte smiled. "I just got back from the hospital..."

Espresso felt his heart skip a beat. "Can we go see him?!" He asked, practically jumping with joy.

"Even better!" She explained, matching his excitement. "He's almost all better! We can go pick him up-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Espresso grabbed her by the arm and dragged her out the door. He couldn't wait! He would get to see Madeleine, and everything would be normal again! Everyone would be okay...

They reached the hospital in record time and walked inside. Pure Vanilla and Madeleine were talking in the waiting room, and as soon as the door opened, Madeleine's head turned. His face lit up when he saw Espresso.

He immediately leaped up from the chair he was sitting in and ran to hug Espresso.

Espresso began to cry in his arms. "I'm so glad you're okay..."

Madeleine laughed, getting emotional as well. "I'm glad I'm okay too." He smiled.

Espresso chuckled and buried his head into Madeleine's strong body.

Pure Vanilla walked up to them smiling. "I was just explaining to Madeleine what happened to his soulstone." He said. "While he was fighting, a cake hound cracked it. I fixed it, but it'll be rather fragile for the next little bit, so we're keeping it here to ensure its safety."

Madeleine nodded. "Thank you again for everything."

Pure Vanilla nodded. "Of course, Madeleine."

He looked back at Espresso. "Are you ready to go home?"

"Only if you're coming with me." He turned to look at Latte. "Latte, are you coming with us?"

She grinned and shook her head. "Nah, I think I'll give you two some... alone time~" With that, she happily skipped out of the hospital.

Espresso felt his face heat up, and he looked down. "Oh my god..." He cleared his throat. "Well... I suppose we should get going as well.?" He looked up at Madeleine.

Madeleine was smiling. "Yep."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

They stepped inside Espresso's home as he led Madeleine over to his bedroom. "Madeleine, you should probably get some rest." He said, helping Madeleine to bed.

Madeleine laid his head down onto the pillow. "Will you lay down with me?"

"Oh... Um- I don't know..." Although he wanted to, he truly did, Espresso was still super behind on his work, he had almost a weeks-worth of things to catch up on. "Maybe in a bit. My work-"

"Please, Espresso?" He sat up, frowning. "I... I want you to be with me..."

Hesitantly, he looked down. "... Alright..." He got into the bed with Madeleine and they both laid down next to each other. "I love you."

Madeleine kissed his forehead and held onto him, holding Espresso's body close to his own. "I love you too, darling. So much"

He felt his face heat up. "It's funny," He thought to himself as he drifted off to sleep. "We're cuddling in bed together, we've said and done so many romantic things, and we're not dating yet... Maybe I should ask him if he wants to be my boyfriend.."

Espresso cuddled closer to Madeleine, smiling. He couldn't wait to tell him.

He just had to wait for the right moment.