6

Chapter 6. 
                                                                 The clones

Our ship landed with a thud on the landing deck of Kamino. It was poring ran, which wasn't exactly practical for us.

The hatch opened, which immediacy it made the both of us soaked with water. Obi Wan got out of the ship first, then quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the ship. He took of his robe and put it over the both of our heads like a umbrella.

It immensely hit me how close we were.. I mean sure we had been close to each other before, like at the restaurant and the archives, but something was different this time- it was hard to explain.

We ran towards two sliding glass doors. Once we entered, Obi Wan slung his robe back over his shoulders. A tall figure started walking from around the corner. They had a long neck and arms, but small head.

"Master Jedi," The thing spoke in a long, comforting voice. "The prime minister is expecting you." They said again.

"We're expected..?" He asked slowly. "Of course!" The tall figure added. "He is anxious to meet you. After all these years, we were beginning to think you weren't coming."

I creased my eyebrows and looked at Obi Wan confused. "Now please this way," The tall creature said. We both looked at each other and followed her.

-

We entered through two large white doors. Inside was another tall creature, with long robes. They were sitting in a white chair that seemed to be coming out of the ceiling.

We walked towards it, once it stood up and walked towards us. "May I present, Lama Su, Prime Minister of Kamino."

Me and Obi Wan bowed to him. "And this is Jedi Master.." She began.

"Obi Wan Kenobi." He finished. The Prime Minister turned to me. "And you..?" He asked.

"I'm his apprentice, Y/n Y/l/n." I said. Obi Wan gulped and looked over at me hesitantly. I smiled worriedly.

"I trust you are going to enjoy your stay." Lama Su said calmly. I smiled at him and bowed. Two chairs came down from the ceiling. "Please," he said referring to the chair.

Me and Obi Wan sat down, and faced the tall male. "And now to business." He said after we sat down.

"You will be delighted to hear that we are on schedule." Lama Su began. "200,000 units are ready." I looked at him confused.

"With a million more on the way." He added. I was shocked, whatever it was, was a lot.

"That's good news.." Obi Wan asked, clearly going along with it.

"Please tell your Master Sufi-Dyas that his order will be ready on time." Lama Su informed. Obi Wan creased his brows.

"I'm sorry, Master.." Obi wan trailed off.

"Jedi Master Siri-Dyas is still a leading member of  the Jedi council, is he not..?" Lama Su asked. Obi Wan shook his head.

"Master Sifo-Dyas was killed almost ten years ago." Obi Wan stated, earning a sad look from Lama Su. "Oh, I am sorry to here that." He said sadly.

"But I'm sure he would have been proud of the army we've built for him." Lama Su began.

"The army.?" I asked swiftly.

"Yes," He began. "A clone army, and May I say one of the finest we've ever created." He boasted. "Tell me, when my master first contacted you about the army, did he say who it was for..?" Obi wan asked.

"Of course, this army is for the Republic." Lama Su stated. Me and Obi Wan shared a look, then turned back to Lama Su.

"But you must be anxious to inspect the units for yourself." Lama Su said. "That's why I'm- why were here." He said smiling at me.

Me and Obi Wan both quickly stood up and followed the tall creatures out of the room.

-

Me, Obi Wan and the tall creatures began walking along a long path, with windows covering every side. Outside the windows, you could see miles of tubes carrying what looked to be babies inside. This must be how they grow the clones.

"Very impressive.." Obi Wan stated to the creatures. I nodded. Obi Wan walked close to me, with his arms crossed.

"I'd hoped you would be pleased." He began. Clones can think creativity, you will find that they are immensely superior to droids."

Lama Su would continue to blabber on about how spectacular clones are, but the only thing I would think about, is how many times me and Obi Wans would brush past each other.

"A bounty hunter callee jango fett." Lama Su said. I friend towards Obi Wan instantly. He nodded.

"Where is this bounty hunter now..?" I asked. Lama Su turned towards me. "Oh we keep him here." He said shortly.

"I would be happy to take you too him." The tall creature asked. Me and Obi Wan nodded.