12

Chapter 12
The Assignment

"So... tell me everything..!" I said to Padme as I entered her room with a cup of hot tea. She smiled to me softly, and picked up the tea from the platter, sipping it slowly.

"He says it's wonderful!" She said happily. "I knew he would!" I smiled. She giggled and set the tea down on the glass table in front of her.

Her smiled slowly disappeared although, she sat down on the couch and sighed. "Last night, I woke up the Anakin leaving the room." She said quietly.

I creased my eyebrows and sat down next to her. "What do you mean..?" I asked slowly grabbing her hand and squeezing it.

"He was standing here, looking out the window. I thought he may have had a dream— and he did." She started. "But it was one of me dying while giving birth. He had premonitions of his mother passing— what if these are correct." She said worriedly.

I sighed and looked her in the eyes. "Everything's going to be okay Padme. Your going to give birth on Naboo, I'll go early with you to set up the babies room, and you and Anakin will have a lovely family." I said cheerfully. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Another thing." She began. "I've known you for so long now.. almost half my life.. so will you be the babies godmother?" She asked slowly.

I widened my eyes— and stupid smile broke out on my face. "Yes!" I said happily. "Does Anakin agree as well?" I asked furrowing just brow.

She chuckled and nodded. "He considers you one of his best friends, aside from Obi Wan that it. But Obi Wan is more like a father. Anyways- if was actual his idea." She said with a grin.

"That's so sweet!" I said hugging her tightly. She placed the tea down and hugged me back. "I'm so excited to meet the little cutie." I said with a grin, looking down at her stomach.

"Anyways, Anakin's coming over here shortly, I should probably get going. I wouldn't want to intrude on the Mom and Dad." I said with a wink.

"That's sounds so odd- me and Anakin as parents- but yes, go get some sleep- or spell thing to eat." She said with a smile. I nodded and got up.

"See ya!" I said as I ran out the door.

-

I woke up to a loud knocking on my door. I quickly sat up, scared half to death, and ran to the bathroom quickly brushing out my hair and straightening my sped up before answering.

I opened the door slowly, then all the way to see who it was. "Obi Wan? What are you doing here?" I asked cautiously. He chuckled and stepped inside the room. I felt my cheeks almost instantly heat up.

"Well the council has sent me here. You see, Grievous escaped— which you may have heard about, and had been spotted, so I'm flying there to try and desires him. But this mission is dangerous, and may cause me to be.." he gulped. "Killed.. the council will need to have someone to report to them if that does happen." He said.

The thought of Obi Wan being killer brought a pit to my stomach, I shook of the feelings, trying to remain as confident as possible.

I slowly nodded. "I understand.. but why me— and why not Anakin?" I asked swiftly. He sighed and nodded his head.

"Anakin is too busy on his own mission involving Palpatine, besides this whole thing could just be a simple bantha chase." He said jokingly.

I giggled, "But that still doesn't explain why I need to go— why not a clone.. there going to be there aren't they..?" I asked brushing my hair back.

"Well, the Clones, if there is a droid army, will be fighting them. Besides, I need a apprentice while Anakin is away." He said with a cheeky grin.

I smiled and nodded. "And besides, you don't have to fight, just stick close to me." He murmured. I sighed and nodded.

"I'll do it." I said simply. He smiled and patted my shoulder. "I truly appreciate it, I'll alert the council immediately." He said with a smile before dashing off. I had already gone on mission before, during the clone wars, Kamino and such, but oh Lord, what have I gotten myself into.