Chapter 2

Wednesday

Today is the day of Mac first practice with Anton back with the Hammers but before the practice mum found Kayla someone who could possibly be her new partner and he's gonna try in about 20 minutes the time we get to the rink and Kayla get changed.

My outfit for the day

——————

Omg this is gonna be a disaster the guy is like half the height of Kay and he seem way to cocky.

Me: Mom where the hell did you find that guy !

Mum: let's not be dramatic he might be a little short in height but if he's good at skating it should work

Dad: He's like half her height !

Mum: oh come on Luke that is an exaggeration. Maybe three quarters. Ugh. It's gonna be a disaster

Mac: This is gonna be awesome

There they go... oh goodness this is a real disaster ! Did he just let her fall ! Okay Kayla's devastated.

——————

After Kay got off of the ice we went up to the cafe and all sat down on a couch.

Kayla(sighing): Can we please just be honest and acknowledge how bad that was ? I'd feel so much better

Dad: Good. I'm so glad you said it.

Mum: I'm so sorry, love. It's all my fault

Mac(chuckles): Yeah. I mean, I thought you were bringing him down, really.

Me: Mac ! Don't listen to him Kayla he's being a douch. You were great it's that guy who was really bad.

Kayla(sigh): Can we just go home ?

Mum: Well, Anton's back today, so it'd be good to stay and support Mac. He watched you, right ? So it'd be nice

Mac(chuckles): Yea Kayla. I watched you. So it'd be nice

Me(shooting daggers at Mac): Mac !

Mac: Hammarström can cut me loose at any time. I gotta hit the ground running.

Me(looking at Kayla): How about we grab a milkshake?

Kayla(nods): Ok

Dad(claps): Let's go you

Mum, dad and Mac went downstairs and I stayed with Kayla. As the team got on the ice and started skating around the rink. They also started to chant "Hammarström!" Which I'm guessing means Anton's got here. So me and Kay went down with mum and dad. Anton asked dad to record training so he went in the stands.

Mum: So Mac's been training hard, right Mac

Mac: Yeah

Anton: This boy's a special player, huh? I know talent when I see it.(look at mom)Your son.(look at me and Kay) your brother. The sky's the limit uh ?

Mac and mum chuckles while Kayla leaves shaking her head which makes me sighs.

Anton(looking at Kayla leave): Is she okay ?

Me: Uh, yeah she is.

Mum: She's just had a bit of a day

Mac chased after Kayla and they look like their arguing and Mac must have said something because Kayla stormed off. But not long after she came back but on the ice with her skates on and stole the puck Mac had on his stick.

Me and Ava(laughing): Come on, Kayla !

Mac was chasing Kayla and Sky got down and stormed on the ice at exact time Mac pushed her and she fell. After that dad got on the ice and said we were leaving so Mac and Kay got out of the ice and got changed then we went home.

——————-

Since I've done nothing I decided to go in my room because I didn't want to hear them argue. Didn't take long for Kayla to storm upstairs. Dad followed after a few minutes dad followed and went in Kayla room.

Friday

This morning we were woken up by balloons pops in Mac's room I couldn't help but laugh because I may or may not have helped Nico and Bear set this up last night while he was asleep. How well while Mac and Kayla were getting changed Nico came to me as I was looking at the guys practice and asked if I'd be down to help him and Bear for Mac initiation. Of course I said yes ! I mean duh I love pranking my siblings! So he gave me his number and I texted him when Mac fell asleep. Then the guys got here and we set up everything as fast as we could making as little noise as possible. I think the guys were surprised how loudly Mac was snoring. Which made it hard not to laugh. After two hours we were done with putting the balloons up and the camera after that the guys left smiling and laughing as they walked back to their houses.

**********************************************

780 words
Wrote 01/09/2022
Published 02/09/2022