Chapter 7

We get to the rink and we're greeted by the whole team smiling at us and they look at each other and start chanting "Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss!" I look at Nico who's smiling big and I smile

Nico(looking at me smiling): How sad you're gonna have to kiss me again

Me(chuckles): How sad ! (Kiss him)

Sky(smiling): Couple goals ! Oh and I took a picture you two are just to cute !

Me(laughing): Really ?! Let me see (look at the picture) omg true send it to me !

Sky(laugh): Ok (send the pic) there !

I smile and thank Sky and put the picture as my new wallpaper. The tension between Mac and Kayla is really overwhelming I'm stuck between them and it's getting annoying. During practice I saw that no one was passing to Mac and I think that pissed of Anton because he stopped practice and took them to play laser tag. Before they left Mac gave me a sad smile and Nico gave me a quick kiss and they all left without the team knowing Anton asked me if I was good at laser tag and I am so I told him hell yea so he got me coming and I'm gonna be guarding the flag. I'm excited !

——————-

As the Hammers slowly start to get closer to the fort I get the opportunity to shoot a few of them making less and less Hammers in the game. But I don't know how but I didn't even see Ava getting in and when she saw me she shot me so I was out of the game but it made me smile.

Me(smile to Ava): Congrats Ava you made your team win !

Ava(smile): well I would of been shot if Mac hadn't jump to take the hit so it was teamwork! But I can still do that ! WE WON ! WOOO ! WE WON GUYS !

They were all cheering happily and I got down to see them all only cheering Ava and I looked at Mac and saw he was kinda sad about it. We got back home and dad decided to make a barbecue with the whole team at home so while him and Mac went playing street hockey so I texted Nico so he could tell everybody.

—————-

Dad and mom are making everything ready while I'm getting changed.

Now that I'm ready I put my sneakers on and go outside I see the team and walk up to them smiling

Me(smiling): Hey guys !

Them(smiling): Hey Lei !

Nico(kiss my head): Hey beautiful!

Me(smile): So what are you guys doing?

Mac(from behind me): Hey guys... you uh want me to go in goal ?

Nico(chuckles): Was that Mac speaking ? I thought he only wrote stuff down

Sam: Let him go in goal. He's scored thousands of shots on me. When will I get another chance for revenge?

Mac(sigh and go in goal): Okay

I put myself on the side not to get it by the hockey balls

Mac(turn around getting ready and sigh): Just do me a favor, would you ? Take it easy

The guys really didn't take it easy I was about to get in front of Mac but Ava beat me to it

Ava(getting in front of Mac): Guys, stop ! I gave the notebook to Carson... I'm so sorry... I was jealous, and it was stupid...(turn to Mac) I'm so, so sorry, Mac

I saw Anton leaving and I couldn't help but shake my head sadly.

Bear(walk to Mac): We got it wrong, man. I did. Guess it's a pretty stupid team code anyway.

Bear and Mac shaked their hand in sign of peace and I saw Ava leave but I don't think I should be the one to go talk to her. So I just stayed here not moving even Nico went to apologize to Mac which is literally something I thought I'd never see.

Few weeks later (the day before the game and blade star)

I don't know why but the past weeks I've been training for blade star I know Kayla is going too and I told her and she didn't mind me doing so and that made me happy. I choreographed my routines and asked Sky a few times for ideas. But right now Kay and Mac just got back from their run and they seemed to have signed a peace treaty because their laughing together. Which makes me, mum and dad very happy. But we're all in the kitchen and me and Kay look at each other hearing what the wolverines coach is offering to Mac...

Wolverine coach: You're worried about your family. We have a beautiful home for all of you.

Kayla(interrupt him): That sounds, um, amazing but uh, I'm training with Elina, Lauralei got someone to stay here for plus her horse who's in pension here and Mac's with Hammarström

Coach: The point of Anton's academy is to find Mac a professional team.

Me(starting to get anxious a little): Well... we can't split up. I mean, home is where we're together. Right, dad ?

Dad(looking at me): We're not splitting up. All right ? Whatever we decide.

Kayla(frowning): What do you mean "no matter what we decide" ?

Mum(looking at Kayla): Look, Elina's a great coach, love, but this is a contract

Kayla(angry): You said if I had a crazy dream, you'd make it work for me too.

Dad(sighs): Kayla

Kayla(sad): Dad you said.

Coach(looking at Mac): We can talk further after the game. For now I wish you luck. The rest of you a good day.(seeing dad getting up) please I'll see myself out.

He leaves and I start to cry and go up to my room because I already know we're gonna do this. I took my skating bag and went to the rink by my window. When I got there I was alone but I was soon joined by Kayla.

—————-

After going over my routines a few times the Hammers got here so I waited for Anton to tell me to get out off the ice when I did I went to the cafe during the Hammers practice. When the practice was over I was pacing trying to find a way to tell Nico the news but I just... I couldn't so I put my skate again and go on the ice running my routines again trying not to cry. Until I heard Kayla slipping out about us leaving for Prague I looked around and saw Nico looking at me hurt in eyes. I skated out and I tried to talk but the words just wouldn't come out and I started crying. Not long after I started crying I feel strong arms wrapping around me and I just start to cry harder.

**********************************************

1151 words
Wrote 03/09/2022
Published 03/11/2022