Chapter 21 - Skeleton in the Closet

That night, along with Juvia I made my way toward Miyu's house. It was descent place seating just beside the large river that was situated beside the small castle city of Oak Town. The rain was still falling so both me and Juvia had to share her already small umbrella. Needless to say, we were soaked by the time I knocked upon the wooden green door.

Sakura was the one to answer it and she looked surprised to see me.

"Eve, it's been so long," she said jumping toward me taking me into a full body hug.

"Er…Sakura…I am glad to see you too but…let me breathe…please," I gasped out from the two large bulges that were pushing against my nose.

The girl suddenly stepped back front the hug, a small smile upon her features.

"Oh, I am sorry," she said, "It's just…I never see you around anymore…wow, you're soaked c'mon in."

She stepped back to let us in and I took Juvia's hand before pulling the girl behind me and into the house. It was warm inside despite the cold rain that was falling outside. Sakura looked at her, confused.

"I didn't know it was going to still be raining tonight," Sakura said, chancing a glance toward the falling rain outside, "When Miyu told me of the irregular rains…I thought she was pulling my leg but…"¸

It was then she took notice of Juvia, still standing by the door looking around the house, her blue eyes curious.

curious.

"And who is this?"

"This is Juvia," I told her with a grin, "She is one of my friends from Phantom Lord."

Juvia, once again, seems surprised at me addressing her like that but she bowed to the older woman in front of us. She turned her attention toward Sakura and had a light blush upon her pale cheeks.

"Juvia is pleased to meet you," she said with a light bow.

"So formal," Sakura said, "Well, I am glad to meet you to Juvia, I am Sakura Summers…thought, I thought that you would have brought that boyfriend of yours…what was his name…"

I let out a desperate sigh.

"How many times do I have to tell you…Gajeel is not my boyfriend."

Sakura threw her arm around my shoulder.

"C'mon now don't be shy Eve," she said, a sly smirk growing upon her lips, "You can tell your big sister all of the dirty secrets that you have."

"He is not my boyfriend," I told her.

"Then how come he is always sneaking into your room and you guys spend a lot of times together these days," Sakura continued, her grin growing wider.

"That's because we formed a team," I answered her, "Why do you have to do this every time I come over for dinner."

"Well it's not like I can tease you a lot now since you moved out," she said a large grin on her face and she was patting my head also.

I let out a sigh.

"I'm going to get out of these wet clothes," I told her, "Juvia, why don't you come up too?"

"Er…sure," the blue haired girl said.

We made our way upstairs and made our way toward the room at the far end of the corridor.

"You don't live here Eve?" Juvia asked, curious.

"I moved out last year," I answered her, "But I still come here most week-ends when I am not training or out on a Job with Gajeel."