Chapter 57 - The man named Laxus

"We beat it," Lucy yelled happily.

I smirked to her and raised my hand into the air thought I was covered in the monster's blood. I glanced down at myself and I knew I was going to be in the need of a shower soon. I walked toward where the blonde was and noticed the man in the Horse suit gave a salute before he disappeared in a light puff noise.

"You know," she said glancing at me, "I was really worried there for a few seconds but it seems that we managed to pull it off."

"I told you, all we need was the confidence to do it," I told her, "Then the rest will fall into place."

Lucy glanced at the dead monster on the ground not too far away from us.

"It's kind of big you know," she said.

"Yeah I know," I told her, "Well, let's head back into town and tell the Mayor that we took care of the monster problem."

"Yes," the blonde said with a light smirk.

We made our way back toward the small town at the foot of the mountain. The villagers were happy when they hear that the monster that was living in the mountain had been defeated and they were all cheering and merry making at its defeat.

"We can finally start the preparation of the Day of Saint Maria tonight," one of them said.

I was happy that I was able to help them and after freshen up I placed my bloodied clothes back into my backpack and knew that I will have to wash them when I return back to my apartment in Oak town…and I probably should invite Sakura and Miyu to the Harvest Festival and they would probably enjoy the Festivities.

Smiling happily I joined Lucy back in our room and she was seating upon her bed.

"You're going to watch the Day of Saint Maria event Eve?" she asked.

"I'm curious as to what it is to be honest," I told her, "It's not every day you run into a religious community within Earth Land. Although, it's not as wide spread as I would have expected."

"I am curious about what it could be also," Lucy told me with a thinking expression upon her face.

"Well it's going to take place tonight so we might have a glimpse of what it could be," I told the blonde.

That night, we left the Inn behind and made our way toward the center of the town where the entire people of the small town was situated all of them wearing robes and I recognize the small form of the Town's chief, Mabu as he walked through the group and in his hand was a small light floating lantern with a strange symbol that had been drawn upon it.

He made his way toward the front of the crowd standing in front of the large tree, holding the lantern.

"Tonight we celebrate another year given to us," he said, his voice carrying out through the silence around them, "While we have faced hardship and many trials, we continue to persevere through the thought times with the protection of Maria blessing us with her graces. My fellows, we will persevere once more with the defeat of the large terrible creature that had shadowed our villages for the past months and it's thanks to our friends from the Fairy Tail guild…and now let's begin the Day of the Saint Maria."

He slowly raised the glowing lantern he was holding toward the sky above him and then the people around him started to do the same as a number of lanterns started to float above aiming toward the sky, floating high above.

At the same time, a number of musicians started to play music with flutes, drums and a woman had started to vocalize a song as the villagers started to pull out large plate of foods and we joined the chief on the large table as he started to serve us food.