Chapter 90 - The Royal City of Edolas

To say that everyone was shocked would have been an understatement.

They were all wearing a dumbfounded expression upon their faces as they stared up toward Edolas Natsu. The young man looked exactly similar to the Dragon Slayer but that seems to be the end of where their resemblance lies. He was wearing a long sleeved red shirt with yellow flames designs at the end of the wrists. He still has that cocky grin upon his face as he was focused upon the road in front of him.

I think everyone is waiting for him to be feeling sickly considering that Natsu had motion sickness. I glanced at our Natsu who was still completely green in the face since he was in a vehicle...

"This is crazy," Lucy said, staring at our driver, "I mean…you're nothing like the Natsu we know."

And you're nothing like the Lucy I know," Edo Natsu answered, "Except for the looks of course…so is puke-face back there supposed to be your me? Talk about pathetic."

Everyone looked at Natsu, feeling sorry for the guy as he lied against me trying to fight against a losing battle.

"He isn't usually like that," Wendy told him, "He is just not very good with vehicles."

Edo Natsu simply shook his head as his eyes landed upon me and I can see the surprise within the green eyes as he observed me. Just like Edo Lucy before, I can see the recognition upon his features before he turned his attention toward the front again.

"Just don't ruin the leather alright?" he said addressing our Natsu, "I can't imagine. They wouldn't call me Fireball the carrier Wizard if I toss my cookies just from seating in a car."

At the word car Natsu let out an urp sound from where he was leaning on my shoulder.

"If you puke on me I swear to god I will toss you out of the window," I warned him.

"S…Soo...Sorry," he gasped.

"How are you able to drive this thing without a S.E. Plug attached to your arm?" Happy asked.

Wendy was confused at that.

"What are you talking about?"

"The S.E. stand for Self Energy," Carla explained to her, "It converse magic energy into fuel and without one, it shouldn't run at all."

Unless you got gasoline in that tank, I thought, but then again…I don't think even gasoline can make a car go as fast as magic fuel does...

"Then again," Lucy said, "I guess since people in Edolas don't have natural magic power they don't need S.E. plug in their vehicles."

"Does that mean it runs on another power source?" Wendy asked.

"Probably," I told her, "The people here must have created another mean to work their vehicle unlike us back in Earth Land."

"That is quite fascinating," Carla said, "Thought they lack in magical prowess, the people of Edolas made some great leaps in advancing their technology and vehicles."

Edo Natsu stayed silent for a few seconds before slamming upon the brake forcing the car to come into a sudden stop and I found my face smacking into the chair in front of me with how sudden it was. I rubbed my sore face as Lucy asked.

"Are you trying to make me kiss the dashboard?"

"Wow, you people sure are ignorant," Edo Natsu said.

That caused me to be a little confused at him.

"Since magic power is a limited resources, that means things like magic fuel are equally limited," he told us, "It's nearly impossible to get hold of. Long story short, I can't really afford to take you any further…so get out."