Yoonmin pt.1

yoongi pov:
i was checking on some files while the nurse entered the room.
"should I call the next patient in, doctor?" she said.
"sure"
"mister, you can come in now" she said.
with that a man came in, a boy was hiding behind him.
the boy seemed really shy and didn't make eye contact with anybody around him.
"hello doctor" the man said.
"hello, take a seat here" I told him.
the man looked at me and mouthed:
"it's him, it's not me!"
I smiled, judging by his expression, he may be afraid of doctors... generally speaking, he's scared of being here.

"hey boy, what's your name?" I stretched my hound out for him to come sit beside me.
he looked at me.
"oh hi" I said.
"hello doctor" he finally let out, his voice barely audible.
"hi there baby, what's the problem? wouldn't you like to sit here by me?" I told him.
he slowly took my hand and I helped him sit on the chair beside me.
looking at his face he seems to be around 7 or 8 years old.

"what seems to be the problem buddy?" I asked.
he looked at me in the eye hesitantly.
"is there anything you are not feeling comfortable with right now?" I said, the boy seems to be really scared.
"what seems to be the problem here?" I asked his dad.
"um... we used to go to this clinic near our house, and there was a doctor who you can say he didn't like, so..." he looked down to his feet.
"I've heard you are a kind hearted doctor, so I decided to get him checked up by you" he ended his sentence.
I smiled.
"you're in good hands, there's no need to worry about anything" I assured.

I stretched my hand and grabbed his hands in mine.
"are you telling me what's your name hmm?" I said.
"my name is youngjae" he said.
"that's beautiful bud"
after a few minutes of pep talking, I finally asked him.
"what brings you here youngjae?"
he seemed to trust me so he answered while fidgeting with his fingers.
"my sore throat"
"actually he has had a sore throat and his eyes water a lot lately, he's been showing some symptoms like he has caught a cold, I brought him here so you can check up on him and see what's wrong with him" his dad said.

I turned around and looked at him again. he was feeling nervous for sure so I told him not to worry about anything.
I got my stethoscopes and told him to go sit on the bed.
I then got up, told him to straighten up. l put the bell on his chest.
"can you please take some steady deep breaths for me?"
I could see his chest rising up and down but I figured out that his heartbeat is a little fast and I tried not to scare him anymore than he already was.
I remove the bell from his chest and told him that he can get a break there.

"I'm just trying to hear your heartbeat so I can tell you what's wrong" l said patiently. after a few minutes, I finally got to hear his heartbeat. he was a little more relaxed by now, so I tried checking his nose, ears and throat.
"so youngjae ... can you please let me know if there are any other symptoms you are experiencing?"
he looked at me, he was confused.
"don't worry l'll help you.... um like have you been experiencing headache?"
he shook his head as no.
"but my nose is runny sometimes"
"okay... and any other symptoms? coughing? sneezing?"
he again shook his head.
"good boy" l patted his head.

"there is nothing to worry about. there is no such thing as a cold for him and that may be an allergic reaction and it is continuous as he is exposed to the allergen"
"so there's nothing serious doctor?" his dad said.
"not really, I'd prescribe antihistamine and it'll lessen the symptoms" I replied.
I then open the drawer and gave a lollipop to youngjae.
he smiled from ear to ear. it also would help with his ear clogging.
they sat up and were ready to leave when the nurse knocked and opened the door.

"can I call the next patient in?"
"yes sure... goodbye youngjae" I waved my head but he gave a high-five instead.
I patted his head.
"cute" I smiled to myself.
I could hear the nurse talking to the next patient while I was checking youngjae's file.
to my great surprise I saw Jimin coming in.
"hi hyung"
my heart dropped to my feet. he looked so pale. I immediately got up and helped him sit on the examination table.
"how have you been feeling? what's the problem?" oh god he looked really pale.
I've never seen him like this before.
"everything hurts hyung... I've been feeling worse since last night and I got myself here to see what's wrong with me"

"you should've called me if you're feeling bad... I would've come to your house myself" I patted his shoulder.
I then got up and had him drinking a glass of water.
after a few minutes:
"can you please tell me what do you feel? what are the symptoms?"
"my head hurts, my throat hurts"
I hate to see him like that.
I got the thermometer.
"you keep this in your mouth under you tongue so I'd see if you're running a fever" I touched his forehead. it was warm.
I sat down in front of him.
after a minute or so, I removed the thermometer.
"101" I read.

"sit straight and take deep breaths for me, I'm gonna check your heartbeat" I could see his chest rising and falling.
I rubbed the bell of the stethoscope in the palm of my hand so it wouldn't feel cold when it comes to contact with his skin.
I then slid the stethoscope under his shirt.
"deep breaths... in and out" I instructed.
I heard his heart heart beating rapidly.
"are you feeling nervous?" I asked him.
he nodded.
I knew that he was afraid of any medical procedure, maybe even me...
I couldn't help it though but the good part is that he finally got here to get himself checked up despite being afraid.
"I'm not going to do anything. look! you have nothing to worry about. I'm hearing your heartbeat just to make sure that everything is alright"

I again pressed the bell to his chest.
"deep breaths for me please" he did while fidgeting with his fingers.
I then checked his ears and sinuses.
I checked his throat too.
I could see his body fighting with an infection. blood work is needed.
but how should I tell this boy that there'll be a needle piercing through his vein in the first place?

"Jimin" I called.
"you should've come way earlier"
I felt so bad for the poor boy.
he huffed.
red swellings at the back of the throat and headache... I could guess what he's suffering from.
"any other symptoms?"
"my ears hurts too"
I knew it, it's either a sinus infection or a strep throat.
I was deep in my thoughts when he spoke.
"hyung please tell me it's nothing serious"
"Jimin, I don't know how serious it is... I need to take a blood sample to make sure"
he looked at me in the eye.
"isn't there any other option instead?" he pled, his voice hoarse.
he was bouncing his feet back and forth on the examination table.
"look Jimin there's no other way now, I want you to corporate with me"

"since when have you been feeling this bad?"
"it's been 5 or 6 days now" he kept his head down while answering my question.
"please tell me you haven't taken medicine by yourself"
"... but I did hyung" he did?
"what did you take?"
"some painkillers..."
"painkillers for a sore throat I guess? oh Jimin, it can't get any better"
I got up from my chair.
"come on we're going downstairs to get your blood sample"
he hesitated.
"come on"
he finally got down from the examination table and we headed to the lab downstairs.
it's going to be a hard day...