yoonkook pt.1

after three days of having sore throat and suffering from body ache, yoongi decided to visit his doctor friend, Jungkook.

he tried calling him but he didn't answer so he went to his clinic straight. his clinic wasn't far from yoongi's home but he was exhausted. he finally got to his car and arrived there at 5 p.m.
the clinic was open till 6, so Jungkook would have the time to examine him.

he was really afraid of doctors, but the last time he was sick Jungkook helped him getting better.
he was not in a mood and all he wanted was to get better.

he managed to make an appointment for 5:30 and sat there waiting for his time to go in.
he tried sleeping and closed his eyes, but the sore throat kept him awake as he couldn't swallow properly. it hurt alot.

at around 5:25 the nurse called his name so he stood up walking past the corridor. Jungkook's room was the third one in the row.
he gently knocked on the door three times.
"come in" he heard.
so he went in.

Jungkook was writing something on a paper so he didn't know yoongi was there.
yoongi closed the half_way opened curtain and said:

"hi Jungkook-ah"
his voice came out as hoarse pants.
Jungkook was surprised.
"hi hyung, what are you doing here?" he seemed concerned.
"I'm...just not feeling okay" all the stuff laying down on jungkooks desk was making him even more anxious. he tried taking a few deep breaths.
Jungkook already knew this.
"take a sit hyung, I'm gonna take care of you"

Jungkook sat up as yoongi sat down near the ask in front of him.
"what is wrong hyung? are you feeling under the weather?"
yoongi hesitated. he swallowed thickly.
"my throat hurts..."
"have long has it been there?" he asked.
"three days" yoongi answered.
"can you please hop on the examination table hyung? I'm gonna check your symptoms really quick"

yoongi worked up any remaining courage and walked to the examination table and sat there.
Jungkook lowered yoongi's face mask and shone a light torch in his mouth while holding down his tongue with a tongue depressor in his another hand.
his tonsils were swollen, there were white dots.
"your throat seems bad... really bad in fact"
yoongi flinched.

Jungkook took the stethoscope that was around his neck, and laid its bell on yoongi's chest.
"try taking deep breaths hyung"
Jungkook listened to his lungs and heartbeat for several moments.
he then replaced the bell on the right side of yoongi's chest and reminded his hyung to take deep breaths again.

he then checked his ears to make sure that everything was alright, and used a thermometer to check if he had developed a fever.
"it is 99.8f' "
"is it bad?" yoongi asked.
"you need to get rid of that nasty thing instantly, and yes it's bad. why don't you come over earlier?" Jungkook asked.
"you know why..."
Jungkook walked over his desk and sat.
" you know hyung, I'm gonna need you to take your medicine properly. and I will need to have you on injectable and oral antibiotics both for you to get better"

yoongi's heart skipped a beat.
"I know it doesn't sound pleasant but injections are necessary in your case and I'll need to have you on an IV too because your body is dehydrated"
all yoongi could do was nodding his head.

"did you take any medication for your fever?"
"...no"
"okay"
after a few beats, Jungkook started writing the prescription down and finally sat up.
"I need to start your medication as soon as possible. you will need to have an IV and four injections today. one is a fever reducer which will be injected into your IV cap and the other three..., one is an antibiotic and the others are boosters for your immune system to catch up... and I'm sorry to tell you that they will be injected into your bottom"