The day we met

AU: hello basically im rewriting Episode 24 while following the same events/scenarios but altering them slightly and adding new things more to do with shinji and karowu's relationship, thank u 4 reading and hope u enjoy

Shinji's pov:

I stare into the red sky, the sun blaring back at me. Surrounded by nothing but ruins, and the chirping of wildlife. "im all alone... Tohji and kensuke along with everybody left after their homes destroyed, Theres nobody, nobody here that i can call a friend now. What should i do" i ask myself multiple times, "what should i do?" almost like im asking the sun now. Why am i even still here?

I turn around observing my surroundings, but to my surprise I'm not completely alone here after all. I see a boy sat on top of a rock staring off into the sun, the light perfectly highlighting his pale skin and his enchanting eyes a vibrant red, his silver hair elegantly flowing in the direction the wind, And... he's wearing the same uniform.. as me? I continue to stare silently at him, admiring his appearance until he finally speaks still staring into the water below him "Nice isnt?"he states. I stare at him slightly confused. "The sound of the birds chirping, don't you agree. Shinji Ikari". he continues. I take a moment to process this before my response "You know my name, dont you?" I say desperate for an answer.

He jumps down from the rock, landing into the water but unbothered by now wet shoes. He slowly begins to approach me, coming close up to my face. His Blood coloured eyes aligned with mine, and his cold breath hitting my face. "im Kaworu Nagisa, the fifth child its a pleasure to meet you Shinji Ikari" he says with an innocent smile on his face, the way he says my name sends chills down my spine, so thats how he knows my name eh? the fifth children. "i-its nice to meet you kar- oh uh.. Nagisa" I stutter nervously while my face lights up red and i start punishing myself for my mistake "Just call me Kaworu " he cooly says with a smile "Y-you can call me Shinji then" i smile back at him.

"i should go now, it was nice to finally meet you." he states before leaving. There's something about him that i cant explain, but its something so mysterious i just cant get my head around