My Saviour

Shinji's pov

I stare into my closet for a long moment, searching for the perfect outfit. I choose a random shirt and some jeans, trying to look good but sticking to casual. I check the time and its 2:30 , the flat is so cold today, despite it being hot outside. I wince walking across the cold floor, picking up my towel drying my hair aggressively after my very much needed shower.

I head out the door but coming to a halt after hearing asuka's voice, "Hey! where you goin idiot?" she scowled at me clutching a bin bag in her hand angrily. "out" i blankly reply, i need to hurry up and get there, unfortunately i have no time to talk to asuka. The time is 2:40, luckily its just a 10 minute walk so i should arrive bang on time, i continue out the door to where i didnt get very far as a 700 pound bin bag came flying at my head ,which pulled me to the ground along with it. "Its your turn to take out the bin, I WONT LET YOU GET AWAY THIS TIME DUMMY!" she stated with a finger pointing into my head. I check the time 2:45, i refuse to be late. I quickly drag the bin bag along the floor making a run towards the stairs that bring me down to the pavement, I toss the bin bag next to a poorly cut bush planning on sorting it out later, its now 2:48 i began sprinting towards my destination, red face and out of breathe. I see Kaworu waiting for me, sat on a curb holding a little cardboard box in his arms. I hope inside there is the knife hes going to use in order to dissemble my limbs.

Kaworus pov

I see Shinji stood staring at me from afar, he already looks like hes been to the gym. I run over to him with the box behind my back, although im pretty sure he already saw it. "Hello Kaworu." he says awkwardly smiling. "Hello Ikari" I say smiling, shoving the box towards him "I-is t-this for me?" he says with a hint of suspicion on his face. I nod in reply and he carefully inspects the box, is he expecting there to be a bomb or something? He opens the box the reveal the little black penguin i had bought for him. His face relaxes a turning a sweet pink colour. "Thank you Kaworu, its really cute." he says bringing the penguin towards his chest. "But not as cute as you" The sweet pink colour on his face slowly darkened into a cherry red. "About yesterday.. please forgive me." He sighs, with a guilty look in his eye.

I pull him into my embrace, the penguin squashed in between our chests. "Your so nice to me Kaworu.." He responds resting his head on my chest, the penguin now completely flattened. "I love you Shinji." I say resting my chin on his head "Your so kind towards me, and i passed it off as pity." I feel my heart let out a tear, i grab his head forcing him to look at me giving the little penguin plush more room to breathe "I dont care what you think Shinji, i love you and that wont ever change." His eyes light up, in what looks like both surprise and joy. I move my lips towards his and both our eyes shut, i can feel his body heating up as well as mine "I love you too Kaworu" he says with almost tears in his eyes.

After a while of lovey dovey stuff we finally get to talking. "Why did you wanna meet at the gym." I smirked at him, excited to share my analysis. "I knew it was just 10 minutes away from your home, i wanted to see how long it would take you." He puffed in my face "Asuka lobbed a bin bag at my head." He says folding his arms cutely pouting rubbing the spot where he must have been hit. "You forgot to take out the rubbish? well deserved." i tease still smirking. He sharply turns towards me "I FORGOT!" he pleaded. strangely enough he looked so calm when annoyed, its so cute. "so did you take out th-" before i can get my words out his lips seal mine once again. My face reddens at the sudden kiss i just received. "No.." He maliciously chuckled.

"You wanna go for a walk?" i ask offering my hand, to which he takes nodding as an agreement. We head towards the park, without it even being decided as our destination. The moment feels so right, we walk up to a hill and sit down together under an elegant cherry blossom tree (au: classic anime romance scene lol) Shinji resting his head on my shoulder, we admire the gorgeous pink petals descend to the ground.

Shinji's pov

The sun begins to set, the sky a mix of yellow and orange. "Will you be my boyfriend..?" Huh? i stare into his rose red eyes dumbfounded, i smile looking back into the sky. "I am." i say blankly, although we didn't establish it through words, ive always thought of Kaworu as my boyfriend even way before we confessed our love to each other and way before i even knew my feelings. "I love you Shinji, i promise i will always be there for you" he states as a fact. "i will always love you too kaworu Nagisa." i reply.

"You are my saviour after all."

AU:so i believe this is the end, i wasnt sure if to extend it or keep going. First few chapters were short around 500 words, but i tried to stretch the rest out to atleast 700-1000 so i apologise for the short starting chapters. I tried to update atleast 1-2 days. recently ive been struggling with that due to school and writers block + i didnt really have any hyperfixation in kawoshin while writing this but i did it just for fun and it is a cute ship, but we manage to get there in the end. I apologise for any bad grammar or mistakes if your bothered about that, im gonna look over this at some point to edit it when i have time but feel free to lmk in the comments if u spot any mistakes/inaccuracy. I hope u enjoyed this tysm for reading

words from all chapters total: 7952