III - Well, Let's Brady Bunch This Shit

The family stood awkwardly before a tall and grand building, built of cement blocks and perfectly aligned bricks. Golden writing across a black porch shelter read 'Hotel Obsidian' in quite the garish font. Upon entering the hotel through a compact, spinning doorway, the family found themselves in a posh and elegant hotel lobby that was surprisingly short of people.

"Oh, Hotel Obsidian. I missed you, you slutty old dame." Klaus began wafting his hands in front of his body. "Absorb her! Absorb her into your bosom. You know, because back in her heyday, she played host to world leaders. Roosevelt, Ghandi, Stalin, Gorbachev, Castro, King Olaf of Norway, one of the Kim Jongs, Tito, Dalai Llama, Elvis, and not one, but two Kardashians, allegedly." Klaus said proudly.

Allison rolled her eyes, ignoring Klaus' speech. "I've got to make a call."

Klaus chose to ignore her antisocial behaviour and continued to explain the history of the hotel to the rest of his family. "Nowadays, she's just a flop house, a party house for those of us not looking to be judged by society's rules and norms."

"You mean a place to hide?" Number Eight raised an eyebrow, darting her eyes around the surprisingly sparse hotel lobby.

"Exactly. It's perfect! And the best part of it is, she's going to look after us, no questions asked. Never ever. Right? Come on!" Klaus was beyond exciting, beckoning his family to follow him closely.

 Right? Come on!" Klaus was beyond exciting, beckoning his family to follow him closely

Diego raised an eyebrow at Luther. "I may have questions."

"Yeah, me too." Luther replied simply, however they both followed Klaus deeper into the hotel.

Klaus led his family to the hotel's check in desk, where a small pug was perched on the counter top.

"Aw, look at the dog! Five, he's called Mr Pennycrumb! Oh my God. Can we get one?" Number Eight said, noticing his name tag. She watched the dog in awe, her eyes illuminating and a huge smile appearing on her lips.

Number Five simply smiled at the excited girl.

Klaus dramatically pressed the bell on the table top, causing it to resonate loudly throughout the lobby. "Chet! Mon frere!" He gasped. "It's so great to see you. I'd like my usual suite, por favor."

"I've never seen you before." The confused receptionist spoke, placing a gloved finger on the bell that was still vibrating.

Klaus turned to his family, wiggling his eyebrows up and down. "See? I told you. Discreet."

"We just need some rooms, please." Viktor interjected, stepping forward from the back of the group. He leant over Number Eight's shoulder, who was still ensconced by Mr Pennycrumb.

"Super!" Chet replied, before placing a small sign on the counter top. It read 'cash up front'. "And how will you be paying today?"

Number Eight chuckled. "Wow, way to be discreet, Chet."