chapter 8

Pihu's pov:
I was resting on the couch and he was busy working on his laptop. Mom didn't allow him to go out so he started working from home.

I saw the coffee machine near the bar corner of the room, he is working for so long I thought to give him something and decided to make coffee for him.

I made two mugs of nice hot coffee. I took his mug and walked toward him.

"Eeshan I made coffee for you," I said nervously. He grimaced at me. But as soon as I handed him the mug, he threw it on my hand.

It hit my hand, scalding me with hot coffee. I cried out, dropping the mug and clutching my hand in pain.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. "Why would you do that?" "Eeshaan why did you do this," I asked him in brittle. I covered my hand with my saree's end where coffee was spilled. It was burning so much because of this freaking jerk.

He looked up from his laptop, his eyes cold and distant. "I don't want your coffee," he said, his voice full of disdain. I felt a sense of anger wash over me. How could he be so cruel? How could he treat me like this?

"you know the reason very well still you are asking okay... lemme remind you because you fucking said yes to this fucking ridiculous marriage," he growled at me. And tears started to fall from my eyes.

"You could have just said that," I said, my voice full of frustration. "You didn't have to throw it at me."

He shrugged, then turned back to his phone. "I don't have time for this," he said, his voice dismissive.

I felt a sense of sadness wash over me. How could he be so distant? How could he not care about me?

He looked up from his laptop, his eyes full of annoyance. "I have work to do," he said, his voice full of impatience. "I can't just sit around and chat all day."

I felt a sense of anger wash over me. How could he be so selfish? How could he not see?

"I'm not asking you to chat all day," I said, my voice full of sorrow.

He looked at me, his eyes full of contempt, his voice full of anger. "I have work to do."

I felt a sense of despair wash over me. How could he be so heartless? How could he not see how much he was hurting me?

"You're hurting me," I said, my voice full of pain. "Can't you see that?"

He looked at me, then back at his phone. "I don't have time for this," he said, his voice full of finality. "I have work to do."

"If we can't be considerate with each other then how can we live together in the future." I cried said to the jerk.

" I don't have any thought of being polite with you and you don't have to be concerned about me, and I don't care what you do here and try to be invisible when you are here," he growled.

"I understood... I'll stay as if I'm not here," I said in soft brittles wiping my tears off.

I walked out of the room and heard Anika talking on her phone.

"What I'm saying is... No matter how I look at this, it seems like a fake wedding." Anika said.

"Yeah, of course, Bhai wanted to marry tia but she is in Pune. Now you only think Why would he like to marry an ugly duckling who isn't even his type?"

"Yeah, you said it right she is like a typical Indian housewife."

I'm hurt by her awful behavior and they are letting me know that I committed a big mistake.