chapter 12

Pihu's pov:

He came back into the room and went towards the bar corner and drank half of the bottle, I felt weird about how can a person drink so much here I even never tried once.

He is drinking insanely and it's not good for his health.

"Eeshaan you shouldn't drink that much when you already came drunk" I nervously said. He threw the bottle on the floor leaving glass pieces everywhere on the floor, I'm scared now why is he behaving like this.

He came towards me and grabbed my arms so tightly, " what are you doing Eeshan... You are hurting me" I wobbly uttered.

"what am I doing huh? you are the one, Who is making me do this, you already ruined my life because of you today I lied to Tia" he growled.

"I know very well you married me for money when I told you I love someone then also you said yes how low you are I hate you pihu" he barked and pushed me towards the place where the broken glass was making me fall on the ground and the glass pieces sting on my hand, tears were flowing from my eyes seeing blood from my hands like how he can be so cruel.

"I have signed the papers then why are you saying this I'll move out of your life please don't behave like this till the time I'm here" I cried out.

"Ohh come on don't tell me that you have signed the papers as if you did some great job I know very well there might be some other motives behind it, I think after divorcing me you'll right away mary my brother I can see how you are seducing him like seriously if not me then you'll use my brother you are literally a whore" he roared.

"I didn't knew I married an asshole you are calling me low I can see how low you are how can you even think that" I cried yelled at him and stood up from the floor. I hate the fact I was crushing on him.

Eeshaan slapped me hard across the face, the force of the blow sending me reeling backwards. I stumbled, my hand flying to my cheek, as I tried to catch my balance.

"Don't you dare to speak a word against me," he roared, his eyes blazing with anger. " You are living under me, I'm filling your stomach, and the things you are wearing is because of my money" he barked and pushed me towards the sofa making made me fall on it.

I felt a surge of fear wash over me, as I realized that he was completely out of control. I had seen him angry before, but never like this. He was like a wild animal, lashing out at anything that crossed his path.

I took a deep breath, wiping the tears from my eyes, and faced him head-on.

"You can't treat me like this," I said, my voice shaking but firm. "I won't stand for it."

He glared at me, his fists clenching at his sides. "You think you can talk back to me?" he spat. "You're nothing without me. Nothing."

But I refused to back down. "I don't need you," I said, my voice rising. "I can take care of myself."

The damage had been done, and I knew that I could never forgive him for what he had done.

Only tears were coming out I didn't say anything there is no use in talking to a drunk man, it's better if I don't rather than be killed here from his hands. my heart heavy with pain, I knew that I had a long road ahead of me. But I also knew that I was strong enough to face it, no matter what the future held.

I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself and applied the cream, I don't want to see his face I went to the sofa and tried to sleep.

In the morning I woke up early my mother-in-law told me my cousin's brother will be coming for the pag phera ritual. I felt happy I won't be seeing his face today. I also need some peace.

I came back home for the pag phera ceremony. I feel so happy after meeting my parents, my mom and I talked so much.

My day came to an end it was evening and I don't want to go back, especially since his room is the most suffocating place.

"Ma.. if I divorce Eeshaan will you accept me," I asked hesitantly.

"pagl hogyi hai tu... kaisi baat kar rhi hai pihu... divorce hamri society me kaisa mana jata hai tu jaanti hi hai... aur tere papa poorane khayalat ke hai vo ye nhi maane ge aur kharabi kya hai Eeahan me acha toh hai kuch hua hum dono ke beech me kya voh tujhe ache se nhi rakh rha hai bata," she asked me shocked.

(Have you gone insane, what are you saying pihu, Divorce was never a good thing in our society, you know very well, and your father is not modern person, and what is the problem in Eeshaan, he is a good man, did something happened between you two, is he not keeping you well)

"Nhi ma Mai aise hi poochi thi... aaj hamri thodi si ladai hui thi bas wahi aur kuch nhi hua" I chuckled and lowly said.

(No mom, I was just asking, it was just a small fight between us)

"Arey beta ladai toh hoti rehti hai ab divorce thodi na koi Karta hai choti choti baat per" she tried to make me understand.

( Love, fights do happen in couples, but that doesn't mean you will divorce him)

"haa ma aap sahi keh rhe ho me samjh gyi," I smiled at her and went to my room, I don't think my father will accept me after divorce, I need to find a job I'll be independent I don't need anyone I'll stay away from everyone. I wiped my tears, which didn't stop from flowing, I looked up and saw the last person I wish to see Eeshan.

(Yes mom, you are saying right, I understood)

"Pihu you are crying," he said and caressed my arms, and sat next to me on my bed.

"No I'm not you can sit in the living room we'll leave after dinner" I sternly said.

"I'm sorry pihu... I'm really sorry please forgive me I didn't do it on purpose I was drunk pihu... I'm sorry I... I just lost control... I was guilty about lying Tia and blamed you... I'm guilty of what I did with you please forgive me" he said caressed my cheeks and cupped them.

"you lost this much control that you even slapped me" I sobbed and looked up at his eyes they were red.

"I'm sorry... please forgive me.. ill never do this in the future I promise you pihu..." he said and kissed my forehead I felt a tear fall on my cheek I don't know how it happened.

"I...I forgave you" I said softly wiping his tears. He hugged me we both were in each other's embrace.

I forgave him because Forgiveness brings a kind of peace that helps you go on with life and It doesn't mean I'm forgetting or excusing the harm he has done to me.

***

Ek vote ki keemat tum kya jaano Reader babu; ishwar ka aashirwad hota hai ek chota sa vote; writer ke sarr ka taj hota hai ek chota sa vote; har writer ka khwab hota hai ek chota sa vote.