-Chapter IV-

Thomas crawled through the vent as fast as he possibly could to get back to the others before Janson got to them. He kicked the vent open once he got there, quickly crawling out.

"Thomas." Minho said loudly as they all watched him get up and frantically run to the door.

"We gotta go. We gotta go right now." Thomas insisted.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Minho asked as they followed him over to the door.

"What do you mean, 'we gotta go'?" Newt questioned, pulling up the sleeve to his shirt.

"They're coming. Come on, we gotta go. They're coming for us." He let out swiftly as he ripped the sheets off of one of the beds before running back to the door and tying struggling to tie it around the handle.

"What happened in there?"

"Aris, what happened?" Frypan asked looking to the younger boy who's face held nothing but pure shock.

"Thomas can you just calm down and talk to us." Newt asked nearing the boy who was still having a hard time tying the sheet.

"She's still alive." Thomas muttered.

"Who's she? Evelyn?" Newt asked searching his face with his eyes.

"Ava, it's Ava."

"Ava?" Newt inquired but Thomas wouldn't answer as he was panicking. "Will you just turn around and talk to us?"

"It's WICKED! It's still WICKED. It's always been WICKED." Thomas then grabbed the same mattress he stripped the sheets from and placed it against the door firmly.

"Thomas. What did you see?"

•|•|•

"Come on, come on, come on." Thomas said after crawling out of the vent and checking his surroundings. "Let's go."

"You guys go ahead. There's something I gotta do." Aris stated stepping back into the vent but Thomas's brows knitted together and stopped him.

"What are you talking about?"

"Trust me, it's important. You guys wanna get out of here right? Just go." He said, the boys sharing a look.

"I'll go with him." Winston said raising his hand as Aris already went inside.

"Okay Winston, go! Go come on!"

"You sure we can trust this kid?" Minho asked as they started back down the hallway.

"You don't wanna know where we'd be without him." Thomas stated rounding a corner than everyone jumping back as a lady was right there.

"What are you kids doing out?" At that the sirens sounded above them as they looked around the room with the lady squinting her eyes at them.

Before she could make a move, Thomas and Newt grabbed both her arms and forced her to walk with them and take them to Evelyn.

They hurried down the hallway with the doctor, turning left only to be met with a guard.

"Freeze!" The guy said as he started shooting at them.

They sprinted back covering there heads as Frypan spoke out. "Why are they shooting at us?"

Minho made it halfway down the hall before turning back around and gritting his teeth.

"Minho, what the hell are you doing?" Thomas asked but Minho ignored him and let out a yell as he ran toward the wall. "Minho!"