-Chapter VIII-

"Great idea Thomas. 'Just hear what the man has to say'. Really working out for us." Minho said sarcastically as they all were hung up by their feet over a deep pit.

"Shut up Minho." Thomas said rolling his eyes at the boy. "Maybe I can reach the rope."

     Evelyn shook her head at the boy as he tried to pull himself towards the rope but ended up falling back into the same position they were stuck in.

     "Enjoying the view?" Evelyn turned her head as Jorge walked in.

     "What the hell do you want?" Minho asked.

     "That is the question. My men want to sell you back to WICKED." He said looking down at Thomas. "Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either."

     "Is the blood rushing to my head, or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho spoke again.

     "Tell me what you know about the Right Arm." Jorge said pointing to Thomas.

     "I thought you said they were ghosts." Newt stated furrowing his brows at the man.

     "I happen to believe in ghosts." He said smiling. "Especially when I hear them chattering among the airwaves."

     He walked over to a lever that looked to be connected to the rope that was tied around their feet. "You tell me what you know. And maybe we can make a deal."

     "Look we...we don't much." Thomas said looking at the man who's smile wiped off as his hand was placed on the lever. With a quick motion, Jorge pushed on the lever causing them to lower a couple feet at a quick pace.

     "Whoa! Okay! Okay, okay! They're hiding in the mountains." Thomas said frantically. "They attacked WICKED. They got out a bunch of kids. That's it. That's all we know."

     Jorge was about to speak again but one of the men came walking in with his hands in his pockets.

     "Yo, Jorge. What's going on?" The man asked looking at all the kids.

     "Me and my new friends are just getting acquainted." He said before looking back at Thomas. "We're done now."

     "Hey wait, wha-you're not gonna help us?" Thomas asked extending his hand out.

     Jorge's smirk again came to his lips. "Don't worry hermano. We'll get you back to where you belong." He started walking away and then called back to them. "Hang tight."

•|•|•

     "Minho ready?" Thomas asked as he had his hands grasped around Teresa's, ready to push he towards Minho.

"Yeah." Minho replied before Thomas pushed her to him, the boy catching her and holding onto her waist. "Gotcha."

"Be careful." Evelyn warned as she watched in anticipation, the boy pushing Teresa but not hard enough as she couldn't reach the railing and she swung back.

"Gah!" Minho let out an annoyed groan.

"Shit." Thomas muttered.

"Come on, you got this. Actually use all your strength this time Minho." Evelyn suggested moving her hands around as she talked.

"You wanna try?" He asked sending her a glare.

"Well I would if I wasn't all the way over here." She remarked.

He shook his head and then pushed her again, hanging upside down taking a toll and making it harder as he kept having to do it over and over.

"Come on Minho, push harder." Newt said.