𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 ─ 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘳𝘰𝘳𝘺'𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘵𝘰𝘯 )

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

"𝗪𝗔𝗜𝗧 ─ 𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧?"

Jolene nodded sombrely after retelling the dinner's events to her friends as they waited outside the headmaster's office. Her bad mood had persisted along the week, and now it was official – Rory was now a Chilton girl, every Friday her mother and her would be over for dinner, and weekends would force Jolene to spend her time in the small town of Stars Hollow. To her, a living nightmare.

"Is it that bad you won't be practising tennis that much?" Jolene's head snapped to glare at Johnny, who immediately threw his arms in the air in defence and hid behind Kim, "Don't kill me."

Jolene grumbled beneath her breath, pouting like a child. "It is bad. I have another Junior Slam coming up soon, and every second is precious."

"If Rory's as studious as you say, I'm sure you'll get some time to practice while she reads." Nathalie commented, rummaging in her bag. "Hey, do you reckon Rory would be up for some study sessions? You lot aren't any help."

A dramatic gasp erupted Kim's lips as Natty raised an eyebrow at her. "You traitor! Mingling with the enemy? Don't you care of the heartbreak that will cause Jolene?"

As Natty turned to Jolene for confirmation of this, the dark skinned girl shook her head amused. "Don't worry Natty, I don't mind–"

"That is how good of a friend Jo is," Kimberley interrupted, squeezing Jolene's hand. "You don't need to pretend, Jo. It's okay to not to be okay."

Johnny had to suppress a laugh as he hid his smile in the crook of Kim's shoulder as Rory appeared shyly behind them, avoiding Kim's glare. Jolene, ignoring her friends, reached out, standing a bit taller than Rory. "So, let me see your schedule."

As Jolene scanned it quickly, Rory shifted her posture beneath the curious stares of Jolene's friends, who didn't bother to hide their observations. "H-hi, I'm Rory."

"Nice to meet you," Nathalie shook her hand, the short brunette shaking hands with the timid blue-eyed girl. "I'm Nathalie, head of the debate club – this is my twin, Johnny" the curly-haired boy waved curtly from behind Kim. "And this is Kimberley."

"Nice to mee–"

"Are there any cute guys in Stars Hollow?"

Rory's eyebrows shot upwards at Kim's interruption, then glanced at Nathalie. "Sorry?"