𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ─ 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐯𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐭

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯 𝘫𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 )

AS SOON AS JOLENE GILMORE WALKED INTO THE GILMORE MANOUR, she remembered what she had forgotten earlier today, which had been bugging her all day. 

Rory's birthday.

Swearing beneath her breath at the sight of her entire school year standing in her library, she went to dart upstairs to change from her uniform.

"Where have you been?" Kim hissed, spotting her best friend and following her up the stairs. "You didn't tell me Rory invited the whole school. It's been a nightmare. Didn't think this would be her ideal way to spend her birthday, but I'm not one to— okay who am I kidding, I am one to judge and I'm judging heavily."

"Please, I know Rory hates this more than any of us. This is all Emily's deviousness." Jo shut her bedroom door behind the two girls and starts stripping off her uniform in a hurry. "I completely forgot — I got caught up studying for next week's philosophy exam."

Kim scrunched her nose in disgust. "Ew, Nathalie is rubbing off on you."

"Not a bad thing." Jo defended, smiling slightly as she slipped on the first dress she pulled out of her closet, which happened to be a deep red silk one that hugged her curves. "Right, I'm headed downstairs — you can stay here if you want. Can't have you insulting none of Emily's guests, I'll never hear the end of what a terrible influence you are."

"Please, me and Emily are besties." Kim scoffed, but was already picking up one of Jo's Vogue editions and flicking through the fashion statements. 

Shaking her head in laughter, Jolene scurried half a flight of stairs before gliding down to the foyer, presenting herself as the untouchable Jolene Gilmore everyone knew. Entering the library, her dark eyes searched across the room before a figure blocked her view. 

"Looking nice, Gilmore. Couldn't handle the spotlight not being on you?"

Rolling her eyes at the blond, Jolene went on tiptoes to look past his shoulders. "Shut it, Tristan. This is my house, if you remember, and I can just as easily kick you out."