𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 ─ 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐢𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐨

-

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘺𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘫𝘰 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 )

"𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐌𝐄 𝐙𝐈𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐔𝐏?"

Rory glanced back at Jolene, and proceeded to cross the room to help the slightly older girl fit into her dress for the Chilton dance. Muttering a thank you, Jo made her hands skim through the top layer of the dress, its emerald tone accentuating her darker skin. She stood a few inches taller than Rory, who had an off-the-shoulder blue silk dress and her dark hair pulled up and pinned by small white flowers.

Jo sighed — she usually got ready for these kind of events with Kimberley, but ever since she asked Grayson to the dance, things had been awkward between the two. And Jo would rather avoid the situation than address her overcomplicated feelings about the situation that she had been put in. But she missed her best friend — her sarcastic commentary on the people attending, or hyping her up for her date. 

Rory, sensing the gloom behind her cousin's posture, pursued an answer. "So, have you and Kim not made up yet?"

"Well, it's not like we're fighting or anything." Jo sighed, flopping onto Rory's bed. "It's just . . . it's complicated. And awkward."

"Is it because you also like Grayson?"

Jo's head snapped up. "No! No way. Nothing like that." she turned away, combing her fingers through her natural curls as she bit her lip in thought. "Wait, also? Do you think Kim likes him?"

Shrugging, Rory ate some of the tacos Sookie brought earlier. "I don't know, isn't she your best friend? I used to think her and Johnny were dating, but I was wrong about that."

"I think everyone's confused when it comes to them two." Jo muttered, leaning on her arm as she reapplied her lipstick. "I just . . . Kim likes the attention. Nothing wrong with that, but Grayson is a good friend, and I'd hate to see him hurt."