Chapter-37

Namjoon had no choice but to call the number he saw on the board by himself to help him fix the door. Namjoon, himself was someone who is great at breaking things not assembling them. He is clumsy and he knows it. Jackson reminded him of that on a daily basis so he would never forget to be careful.

The phone rang for a couple of seconds before someone picked it up.

"Hello. How may I help you?" Namjoon looked at his phone weirdly. 

What should I say? I broke a door, can you fix it? Do you fix doors? Are you a carpenter? Uh I guess carpenter was a bit too much. He thought to himself.

"Hello? Who is this?" The person spoke out again.

"This is from Big hit. We have a problem with our door and need someone to fix it as soon as possible." Namjoon replied.

The other person on the phone sighed lazily, "Yeah it is gonna take two more days. I'm busy so call me in two days."

In the background a voice could be heard, "Who is it?"

"Yeah, right. I need a name and what you do in Big hit so I will know when you call me."

"It's the Head of security. And no, it is an emergency and we need you here as soon as possible." Namjoon sternly replied. He doesn't want to take shit from someone who doesn't even do their job properly.

A sigh was heard on the other side, "You see, Head of security-ssi, as I said I am-" There was some shuffling on the other side and whispered voices were heard before the same man spoke up again.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there in five minutes. Please wait for me. Thankyou." The call ended.

"Is he drunk or what?" He mumbled to himself and walked towards the boys exercising.

"Take a 15 minute break boys!" Namjoon left the room to wait for the said handyworker at Yoongi's studio.

Jimin followed him out of the practice room, saying he was curious to see what happened.

Jimin was shocked to see the door barely hanging to the wall with a hole in place of a handle.

"Hyung, are you okay?" He asked, still not taking his eyes off the masterpiece Namjoon made.

"I'm alright. It's just, I didn't know there was a lock on it."

"Woah you are great, hyungie." Jimin smiled up at him. Namjoon tried his best to look away. It hasn't been a full day with the members and he was already afraid to lose his thoughts about being normal. To his favor just then, two men with some bags came their way.

One had an all black outfit with a mask and the other was dressed in normal clothes without a mask. The first one looked a bit similar but he couldn't put a finger on it. He stared at the man who looked at his feet for a minute until Jimin cleared his throat.

"Uh yeah. This is the door that you have to fix." Namjoon gestured to the man.

The man who was wearing normal clothes walked into the room to inspect the door, "Wow, how did this even break like this. Did you use a rock or something to put a hole in it? Damn." He laughed mockingly.

Namjoon rolled his eyes and fixed his glare on the man as he said, "Do what you can do to fix it without much questions. We have work to do later."

The man awkwardly looked at Jimin for help as Namjoon looked like he could kill anyone who glances at him.

Jimin moved nearer to Namjoon and circled his hand around his arm to get him to cool down. And it kinda worked as Namjoon lowered his glare a bit.

The man under the mask looked at the interaction between the two guys silently.

The other one cleared his throat and explained the situation in hand, "It's hard to repair a hole that was supposed to be a handle. It is possible but it wouldn't look nice. I say you get a new door and I could fix it for you."

Namjoon nodded and called Yoongi for his decision. Though the other was still grumpy about his door, he was happy to replace it with a new one. It became old anyways. Plus he doesn't need to put in effort to buy a new one and get it fixed by himself. Might as well use the volunteer work.

And so like that, the door fixing job was transferred to the next day. Namjoon eyed the black masked man until the very end. He couldn't remember where he had seen the middle age man. But when he asked him to remove the mask, he received a small shake of his head and a bow. He didn't want to make things more uncomfortable so he left the issue there. He would dig up later since he has a print of the masked face in his mind.

                                                                                    ***

"So this is the guy my son likes. He had a bit of temper but it's what makes him special." The man mumbled, swirling in his seat with a picture of Namjoon in his hand.

"Yes, sir. He was the one who punched young master. He was the reason Yu Jin was fired from his position as a gym instructor and personal trainer for Jimin." A man said, passing him the photo of Jimin, "Yu Jin had to rest for a several days due to his serious injuries. They were all caused by Namjoon."

"Did you just say my son got punched?" The man stood up from his chair, slamming his hands on the desk.

"Get him in!" He shouted and his secretary immediately ran to get the son.

The said son entered the room, cowering a bit from the expression on his father's face. The man who gave the information left the room leaving the secretary with the father and son duo.

 The father walked around his desk and stood in front of his son. He grabbed a fistful of his hair, pulling his head back, exposing his cheek and neckline.

A loud slap echoed through the room as the secretary closed his eyes and looked down. It was quiet until another slap sounded with a thud.

Due to the harsh effect of the slap, Duke landed on the floor with a thud. He didn't dare to look up at his father though he doesn't know what he did wrong.

He was forced to look up when his father harshly grabbed his hair again, tearing some of the smooth locks.

He leaned down towards the boy who had water in his eyes, "I really don't like people who are pathetic and can't fight back. And to think my own son got punched by some random guy just because you like him?" His father stopped mid sentence and sighed, "Tell me you went easy on him. TELL ME!"

Duke shook his head. He knew he can get killed on the spot but he was the only child in this household which means he is the next leader after his father and he has to be alive. So even he was beaten up to death, he will still survive. It was like that from forever.

Duke knew he doesn't stand a chance against Namjoon. He has seen the boy fight on the spot. Even when he was younger, he grew up watching Namjoon fight, standing behind his father. And even if he does stand a chance against Namjoon, his heart wouldn't allow it. He knew it.

"This son of a bitch! I should've left you to rot in hell along with your filthy excuse of a mother!" The man spoke out, lifting his son onto his feet and thrashing him around.

The secretary looked at the boy with pitiful eyes. There isn't much he could do to help him. If anything he would make it worse by helping him.

Duke lied on the floor with lifeless eyes, blood trickling down his chin from the harsh slaps. His eyes slowly closed and that was when his father walked out of the room.

I just got a very nice idea of including a Skz ship in this story.. Wait for the next chapter to see who it is!

I actually got the idea from a comment. Someone commented the name 'Hans' and it lead me to Han from Skz.