25

If you had to be a member of one of the families, which one would you pick?
Riddles, Malfoys or Notts?

The dinner table is awfully quiet, and our parents stare at each other weirdly. Damon sits in front of me, and his gaze won't leave mine. I won't look at him, but I can feel his eyes, and it's been on me the whole night. Stella and Scott are on my sides, and I look down at my plate while eating the food.

"So... Any news you want to tell us?" Theo asks, staring at his daughter, and I stare at Stella for the first time this night. She meets my gaze, and I look away. She still hasn't said the words to me. She lied to me.

"Dad, stop," she begs her dad, and Theo smirks for himself as he takes a bite of the chicken.

"What about you, Lilah? Any boyfriend?" Theo asks me, and I look up, seeing everyone's eyes on me, especially Damon's.

"No... No, I don't have a boyfriend." My dad relaxes. I know he hates the thought of his daughter getting a boyfriend. He's scared of losing me. He wouldn't: but he thinks he would.

"What about Atlas?" Scott says, but he immediately covers his mouth with his hands.

"Oh shit... I'm sorry, Lilah." I kick his leg, and he groans. "Atlas? Who is atlas?"

My father asks, staring at me, and I shake my head.

"He's no one. And he's definitely not my boyfriend. Scott's having a crisis. Right, Scotty?" I give him a glare, and he nods slowly.

"Yup, crisis. It's a hard time." My mother grins, and I roll my eyes. Here we go.

"Tell us about this atlas. He sounds interesting." Zoe says, smiling with my mother, and I groan. Covering my eyes with my hands.

"He's an anonymous guy who's been texting Lilah for weeks. He won't tell her who he is, but she's falling for him." My mother drops her grin and looks worriedly at me.

"Lilah..."

"I know, okay? You don't have to tell me to stop texting him. I haven't had my phone, and I won't fucking text him. It was fun while it lasted, and I won't fucking meet him. So drop it," my mother looks at my father, but he only shakes his head.

"The dinner was amazing dais. You'll give me the recipe, won't you?" Ella smiles at my mother, who only nods back.

"Of course."

The rest of the dinner goes slow, and I wish I had someone to talk to, but all of my friends are quiet. They are probably mad at each other.

"Lilah? Can we talk for a second?" Draco asks me while I get the dishes, and I smile back.

"Sure?" He pulls me to the side, and I look down at my hands.

"Uncle Draco, if you're going to be mad at me for", Draco only smiles at me, and I shut my mouth.

"I'm not mad at you, Lilah. I'm mad at my son for putting you in danger. But we both know I could never be mad at you." I smile at him. He's always been like an extra father to me.

"What did you want to talk to me about?"

Draco picks up his phone from his pocket. "I found a new number in my system, but I can't remember what number it is... Or who it belongs to. Damon blocks me all the time, and it can be him. I tried to ask him, but he only glared at me, so I thought I should check with you."

I frown, "why not Noah?" He shrugs.

"Why not one of my favourite nieces." I grin, "we both know I'm your favourite." He shrugs.

"I don't do favourites. But I'm definitely your favourite uncle. So Theo gets second place." I smile, shaking my head but grab my phone. That I got back this morning.

"I have his new number if you want it. It's probably it. What number is it?" He looks down at his phone and tells me the number, which I type into my phone, but the result doesn't belong to Damon.

"Lilah? It's his?" I look down at my phone and back at the dinner table where the others sit, including Damon.

"Lilah honey, are you okay?" Draco lays his hand on my shoulder, and I look back at him, trying to hide my shocked face.

"Oh yes... I'm sorry, I just got my phone back, and I've missed a lot of texts. It shocked me, that's all." Draco smiles at me, but he can tell something is wrong.

"Atlas texted you, didn't he? Listen... I'm not your father, but this can end badly, and I don't want you to get hurt. Please don't put yourself in danger." I meet his gaze and nod slowly. Atlas won't be a problem anymore... And I can tell he's no danger.

"So? Was it Damon's number?" I look at my phone again to confirm the contact I have saved with the number. I nod slowly, but the name isn't saved as Damon... It's Atlas.

"Okay, thank you. Are you sure you're okay? Your face tells me differently." He looks down at me, and I put my phone in one of my pockets, forcing a smile.

"Yes, of course. Sorry, I scared you. I'm sure Damon forgot to tell you about his new number. That's it." He smiles at me and nods.

"Probably. Thank you." I smile back at him as he goes back to the table. But I only stay and stare at everyone, meeting his gaze.

Damon stares back at me with a blank expression. He knows something is up. But I leave the room before he can ask or walk up to me. For weeks I have felt bad about having feelings for two different guys, only to find out they are the same person. Damon knew what he was doing all this time, yet he continued leading me on. I close my door behind me, locking it before I fall down on my bed, closing my eyes. The only one I thought I had left to trust was the one lying the most. Everyone around me has been lying to me, and when I thought I had someone to turn to, that person betrayed me even more. I pick up my phone, staring down at the chat before I quickly begin to type something in. This is the end. No more lies.

Atlas - Lilah

Lilah
Don't text me anymore.
I'll block this number, and don't bother texting me from your real phone
I hope you had fun tricking me

Do you want to block Atlas?
Yes No

-
Do you want to block Damon?

I stare at the words for a minute, maybe waiting for him to text me. Or maybe I'm waiting for him to run up here and beg me to forgive him. But none of it happens, and I slowly press yes, seeing the contact disappear.

-
LOL