Chapter Ten: Doctor Kennedie

TW: Flashbacks, panic attack
Bosco's POV:

"Cam Cam! Wake up! Today you have your first meeting with your new therapist." I spoke as I shook Camden awake. Camden yawned and rubbed her eyes. I smiled brightly at her, she stared at me. She rolled out of bed, albeit sleepily. She yawned again, blinking tiredly.

"Do you know my therapist's name?" Camden murmured. She seemed a little nervous. I understood why. I lead her out of her room and downstairs. Willow was making waffles and asked if we wanted any. Camden nodded and so did I. Camden sat down and looked at me. I smiled.

"Yes I do. Her name is Doctor Kennedie. Don't worry, she's very nice. Deja recommended her, as a matter of fact!" I tell her. She smiles a bit. I look at the clock. Camden's appointment was at twelve, and the doctor would be coming here. It was 11:30 now.

"Your appointment is at twelve. She'll be coming here. After you eat, you should go get ready." Willow spoke, handing Camden a plate of waffles. Willow makes the best waffles. I don't know how she does it. It makes no sense. She just makes the perfect waffles. She's like a... waffle magician!

"Thanks Willow," Camden spoke, her mouth full of waffles. Willow nodded and handed me a plate as well. I gratefully accepted and started shoveling the waffles into my throat. Willow stared at us, obviously very unamused. I just smile at her, and Camden does too. Willow eventually smiles back.

After Camden finished, she went upstairs. Presumably to get ready. I decided to help Willow with the dishes. We had a lovely conversation about beavers. After what felt like only a few minutes, I heard the doorbell ring. I went to answer it while Willow went upstairs to get Camden.

"Hello! My name's Jasmine Kennedie! I'm here for the appointment with Camden." The doctor greeted. I nodded, introducing myself as Bosco. Willow came downstairs and introduced herself, Angie and Daya following her action. Camden poked out from the wall near the stairs. I motioned for her to come over.

"Hey there! Are you Camden, by any chance?" Jasmine greeted. Camden nodded shakily. She seemed really nervous. Jasmine waved happily and stepped into the house. Jasmine suggested meeting in Camden's room, so Camden led her to her room. I still think Camden's really nervous. She was shaky. I wonder why.

——————
Camden's POV:

"So, let's start with introductions! As you may have gathered, I'm Doctor Kennedie! But my real name is Jasmine, so you can call me Jasmine!" Dr. Kennedie greeted. I nodded as she rambled. Then she asked me about myself. I froze, getting a bit scared.

"You're weak. You don't even try! You want to get better? You sure as hell don't act like it. It's not 'too much' for you, you're just being whiny cause you don't want to do the work!" He berated. I stared at him, sobbing. He didn't stop yelling though.

"M-My name i-is Camden. But you already k-knew that. Angie is my girlfriend by the way. Um... I dunno what else to say..." I murmur. Jasmine smiled and nodded at me. She seemed nice enough. But so did my last doctor. He wasn't really nice after all. They really really weren't that nice at all.

"I-I'm trying! I'm trying! I'm r-really trying! Please, s-stop yelling!" I beg, to no avail. They didn't listen. He looked incredibly angry when I told them I was trying. So angry that he got in my face. I thought he was gonna hurt me. I was scared.

I knew Jasmine was talking, but I couldn't make out what she was saying. I felt so small. I wanted to cry. But I couldn't cry, I just left the lump in my throat. I didn't even notice my tears falling until Jasmine stopped talking, she looked kinda confused.

"You are NOT trying, you lazy bastard! You're pathetic! You know what? Get the fuck out of my office. You're a fucking lost cause. You're hopeless. Get outta my sight." He spoke, kicking me in the side. I clutched my side and looked up. His eyes looked enraged and scary.

"No, no, stop yelling! Please stop yelling!" I wail, curling up into a ball and rocking back and forth to try and calm myself. I hear someone call for Angie. I needed Angie. Jasmine was calling for Angie. Soon enough, Angie came over to me.

"Cam Cam! Are you okay? What's the matter?" Angie spoke softly, brushing some of my hair outta my face. I reach for her, signaling that I want to be held. Angie takes the hint and picks me up, holding me close to her. I snuggle up to her. I was still sobbing.

"Shhh, shhh, you're okay, you're okay. Breathe for me, okay? In through the nose and out through the mouth," Angie instructed. I try my best, but I'm still shaky. Angie kisses my forehead gently, holding me closer to her. I snuggle up to her and listen to her heartbeat.

"Is she okay? We were talking and then she started to cry." Jasmine informed Angie, a hint of guilt laced her tone. It wasn't Jasmine's fault. I don't want her to feel guilty. I reach out and squeeze her hand. She looks to me, seeming kinda confused.

"N-Not y-your f-fault, Jazzy." I murmur. She smiles a bit at me, squeezing my hand, just like I did with her's. Angie informed Jazzy that this happens sometimes. Sometimes I get flashbacks and panic attacks. I don't mean to get them, they just happen sometimes. Jazzy nods.

"Thank you for telling me, Angie. Today was just going to be introductions anyways. It's okay if Camden doesn't feel like she can stay the entire time today," Jasmine informs. Jazzy seems much nicer than my previous doctors. I kinda like Jazzy. I smile at her, squeezing her hand one last time before she leaves.