Chapter 13

Carter's pov

"Drive safely, okay? I love you," I was heading out of Eleanora's home with a few of my belongings before heading over to Johannes' dungeon.

At least Jolene will be there to keep my sanity at bay.

"I love you too, when are you free this week- or should I wait til Sunday and swing by after your first day back at work?" I kissed her at the driveway.

A little flash of fear came upon Eleanora's twinkling brown eyes. It made me go dull as well that I might've said the wrong thing and not realized it.

"Let's hold off on work visitations because well- you're still on the roster for this season... and it's a youth symphony program... we'll figure it out some time, let's just not risk it," she shook her head away after realizing the look I created after realizing how bad of an idea just suggested trying to show up to see her.

"Oh no- I didn't... I wasn't thinking!" I admitted.

"No, Carter don't feel sorry about it!" She assured me and I shook my head.

"I'm grateful for you catching that! The last thing I want is for you to have unwanted attention. I wasn't even thinking clearly," I spaced out with a heavy sigh.

"How about this, remember it's Arturo in the symphony and Eleanora outside of the symphony," she smiled reminding me how I struggled calling her by her first name outside of rehearsals.

"Mhm mhm, speaking of the symphony again, when's a good day to talk about me coming back?" I watched a smile light up.

"I'd have to do some digging for new material in terms of the arrangement of your return and keep tabs with you about it so you're not just tossing yourself into a wolf's den not knowing the material. In the meantime, just focus on your recovery," her eyes met mine and I was taking note of her beauty.

Yes, I was paying attention and clinging onto every word but how could I not pay attention to what's in front of me.

"What's on your mind?" Eleanora softly smiled.

"More like who," I laughed and she giggled.

"I'm being serious Carter, is there any music you'd be interested in learning at the moment? This concert is a special one since the pianist will be the concert master," she shined light on my biggest task.

"Mmmm id also have some digging to do. I'll send a text if anything comes to mind. Our plates are gonna full for the rest of this week by the looks of it, how about we plan something nice next week?" I was leaning against the car door.

Eleanora was off guard yet again, her eyes weren't expecting something- I mean, I am paying attention and taking this seriously. Did I say something?

"Oh- um... gosh, yes. Let's do that.." she seemed out of it.

"Oookaaayyyy what's on your mind?" I teased and she playfully pushed me.

"You're a lot more mature than most adults," she didn't go into further detail but I'm slowly catching on.

"You are my priority as well as my education and advances in life. I know you'd want me to prioritize my future because you want what's best for me and I also want to make you feel like you are appreciated in my life by being by my side. There's no other way to express the gratification. Making time for you is always on my to-do list," I looked her straight in the eyes to make sure she understood that she shouldn't be shocked by something that logical.

She always made time for me, I'm simply reciprocating.

I can't help but wonder why is she taken aback by standard forms of communication and then she justifies it by saying I'm really mature for my age... I don't want to assume but I can't ignore it, was there a time she was mistreated?