Chapter 37 Yuancun

Lin Rong never imagined that he was just here out of courtesy to say hello, but inexplicably he was pushed into such a big booth.

Thinking about it carefully, he felt that there was nothing wrong with it. After all, Lu Ciyu came later. People who don't know this place don't know what's going on here, so it's normal for others to do it.

Lin Rong tried so hard to convince himself, but he always felt that something was wrong when he looked at the other party's relaxed expression.

Lu Ciyu was in a good mood after solving a problem, turned her head to look at the child in his arms, and asked, "Have you named it?"

Lin Rong replied, "Yes, Lin Zian".

Lu Ciyu nodded: "Is it all right, good name." I

heard that the child was born prematurely, and was almost out of breath after birth, and almost failed to recover. In this era, there are not many modern rescue measures. Life and death are entirely dependent on God's will. The premature child's body is difficult to support, and he was born in a poor country. Lin Rong can be said to be heartbroken.

Lin Rong sighed, as if thinking of the father's untimely death.

Lu Ciyu asked again, "Do you plan to stay in Yangning Village in the future?"

Lin Rong was silent for a long time before answering yes.

"Our premises in Yuanjiacun have been entrusted to the village manager to help rent and sell it."

"Yuanjiacun?" Lu Ciyu was stunned. Why does this surname sound so familiar?

Lin Rong said angrily: "It's the village where the Yuan family, who wants an official to match Lin Chi. Their Yuan clan is the most promising family in the village."

Lu Ciyu frowned - Lin Rong's attitude is different?

"In my whole life, I finally mustered up the courage to be self-willed, but I didn't expect to get such a result."

"I left home privately that night, and I don't regret it. I will never regret going against my parents and marrying him and staying with him. But my parents gave me a life to raise me to such an age, until I became a father myself. , It wasn't until I came back this time and saw their aged appearance that I realized how much I was going too far...".

"I only hate, I only hate...".

Lin Rong didn't know what he was thinking, his fists were clenched tightly, the cloth under his palm was twisted and deformed by him, and the baby in the swaddle cried with a "wow——".

Lin Rong hurriedly returned to his senses, took a deep breath, and skillfully coaxed the child.

"For the rest of my life, as long as I wholeheartedly support my filial father and mother, and raise the two little ones, it will be enough."

Lin Rong sighed and bowed his head silently.

Lu Ciyu has always been sensitive to people's emotional fluctuations. He turned his head to the side, Lin Rong's face was filled with helplessness and despair and hatred. Such a big man's eyes were flushed, and he was curled up on the small bench, shaking the cloth wrapped around the child, and there was a faint light in his eyes. He was held back abruptly by him.

"A few months ago, the two of us were like you and Lin Chi...". Lin Rong whispered.

"But it's just a matter of chopping wood, everything has changed...". His voice was hoarse and bitter.

Lu Ciyu was silent for a moment, then suddenly said, "Who do you hate?"

"Huh?" Lin Rong raised her head.

"Who are you hating?" Lu Ciyu repeated.

Lin Rong widened his eyes, gritted his teeth and said, "A lot of people."

"I hate a lot of people."

He raised his hand to cover his face, and his voice came clearly into Lu Ciyu's ears: "If it wasn't for the two of them, if I didn't have these two children, I would have taken out a knife and killed them all! Kill one without leaving behind!"

He almost shouted at the last sentence, tears streaming down Lin Rong's fingers and falling on the palm of his hand. The child was on his lap. Seeing that the tears were about to fall on the child's face, Lu Ciyu hurriedly reached out and carried the baby over.

The little kid didn't understand anything and giggled at him on his lap.

"When I went out, he was fine. He took me to the door with a belly and told me to come back earlier. Who knew that he heard about his stomach accident at noon or noon."

"This is our first child, he I have always been very concerned about it, and I have always been careful, how could I give birth suddenly? I hurried home and didn't have the time to think about it, and I didn't know it until later...".

"Not long after I left that day, the relatives of his original deceased husband came to the door to make trouble. He was pushed and fell to the ground, and the fetal gas was moving...".

Lu Ciyu stared at him with wide eyes.

"When the Yuan family saw something was wrong, they turned around and ran away. No one went to help him, and no one went to see Langzhong... We both have a bad reputation in the village, so we chose a place for peace and quiet. A house is built in a remote place, and usually there are fewer people to disturb... But at this time, there is no one to ask for help."

"If a brother of mine hadn't come to me with something... I'm afraid he would...".

Lu Ciyu patted him on the back.

Lin Rong finally said the words that had been pressing in his heart, and the whole person calmed down a lot, and continued: "I have arranged for his funeral, so I have time to go door to door to inquire. Who knows that these people have already had good words during this period. I just said that I don't know."

"If I hadn't put the knife on the neck of the person who went with me at the end, I'm afraid I wouldn't know all this now."

Lu Ciyu could almost guess what happened next, he took a handkerchief and handed it to Lin Rong, He looked up at the large open space in a trance.

"Later, I took the child and went to Lizheng in their village, trying to get justice for my husband... Do you think I'm stupid?"

"They are the people in the Yuan family village. The relationship between ancestors is complicated and intertwined. Every family has relatives. I'm just a stranger from another village, and my husband is a widow who kills his husband, how could Li Zheng speak for us...".

Lin Rong hugged the child back: "So I'll be back when I settle everything down."

"I won't let them go."

Lu Ciyu sighed, Lin Rong was a little crazy.

If it weren't for the fact that there were still two children and Lizheng and his wife holding him back, he would probably have chopped up with a knife as he said.

Just like some news reports, people who have nothing can take revenge on their own regardless of everything, but those who have concerns can only grit their teeth and survive, because there are still people who need them in this world.

Lin Rong's string was too tight, and it would snap suddenly at some point.

He patted Lin Rong on the shoulder: "If you have time, send a message back. Don't sell the house and land, wait for me to see it."

Lin Rong was taken aback: "Master Lu wants to buy it?"

Lu Ciyu nodded: "As you know, my family has only ten acres of land, and it has not been reclaimed yet, which is really too little. Although I have been asking Uncle Lizheng to help me pay more attention, but the farmhouse relies on the land for food, and it is absolutely impossible if there is no major incident. It will move, I'm afraid I won't be able to buy it in the short term."

"If it is suitable for me in the nearby villages and towns, I will accept it first. I still have a little money left. Although it is not much, it should be enough."

Anyway, no matter how you put it, the price will not be reduced.

In modern times, there is no money to buy a house or land, and it is cool to be a landlord and a master once you have traveled through it.

Lin Rong replied yes.

Seeing that the sky was getting brighter and brighter, people came to work one after another. Lu Ciyu greeted each other one by one, and talked to Lin Rong about the changes in the new house. After all the plans were completed, he couldn't help but ask some more about Yuanjiacun.

This Yuanjia Village is different from Yangning Village, which can be seen from the name.

Almost all the villagers in the Yuan family have Yuan as their surname. The whole village is composed of branches of the Yuan family. There are only a few foreigners like Lin Rong, and the whole village is extremely exclusive.

Yangning Village was formed by the merger of several villages, with the Lin surname and Li surname being the largest in the village, and there are also many other surnames.

In the early years, several clans of the Lin family and Li family wanted to compete for control of this village. After all, rural villages are dominated by ethnic groups. The two sides refused to give in to each other, scrambled and scrambled and added a few small clans to fan the flames. In the end, both sides lost, and the rights of the village were handed over to Lizheng.

Although Uncle Lizheng is also surnamed Lin, he is impartial and unbiased, and everyone in the village can see it. Several clans with other surnames wanted to make trouble, but they couldn't come up with a name that would convince everyone. In the end, the seat here naturally fell to him.

Of course, Lizheng is only in charge of "minor" things, such as presiding over the autumn harvest and negotiating with the government, etc. If there is anything that involves the interests of the ethnic group, even Lizheng can't handle it.

Lu Ciyu nodded, he understood.

Lin Rong continued: "It seems that our Yangning Village is the third village to the south of the town, and the last village outside the mountain. Further inwards are those villages with one surname. It is not easy to walk into the village, let alone some. I even have to go over mountains and mountains, and a trip back and forth can be as little as a few hours or as long as half a day."

Lu Ciyu thought for a while, and it seemed that his sister Lin Chi had married into a village where they wanted to cross the mountain. Over the mountain, if she is a weak woman without a man to accompany her, she may be carried away by wild beasts within a few steps.

"Since the traffic is so inconvenient, why are you still living in such a remote place?" Lu Ciyu couldn't help asking.

Lin Rong sighed, "Alas... it's not the same thing as in the early years. Years of wars and turmoil, the arrest of the strong and the military service, the constant natural disasters, the taxation of the imperial court has not been reduced, but it has increased year by year, and sometimes even doubled directly. There is no way for people to live these days, and many people simply ran into the mountains to hide, leaving only an empty village outside." At that time, many people felt that the world was going to change their surnames. Of course, Lin Rong didn't say that. Dare to speak.

"This hid for several years, until the new emperor ascended the throne, and issued several edicts for recuperation, tax reduction and tax exemption, and the life in the village improved little by little."

"Well." Lu Ciyu nodded.

"When I was escaping, I tried so hard to hide in the mountains. How could I hide? Now that the world is peaceful, many people have come up with it. The court will ask them to pay taxes for so many years or punish them for escaping. There are two points of disagreement, and the two delays have been delayed until now."

"I don't think this mountain is very big, and I'm afraid there is no such thing in the mountain. A large area of ​​land, right?" Lu Ciyu wondered. Even if there is, I am afraid that there is nothing to grow.

Lin Rong said, "It's not really. Although it can be reclaimed piecemeal, but this land can't be compared to the dozen or so acres at the foot of your mountain. The soil quality and safety are not good."

"Yuanjiacun and several neighboring villages mostly plant fruit trees on the mountains. When the season comes, the fruit is picked and sold. There is a small amount of grain and vegetables planted in those miscellaneous fields, but they can barely survive."

Lu Ciyu raised his eyebrows: "Fruit trees?"

Lin Rong nodded in confusion.

"Then do they sell saplings? It's fine to make a tree."

Lin Rong thought about it carefully: "No one has ever bought a tree in these years, and I'm not sure, but they are all making money, and there will definitely be some. "Yes ."

"If Mr. Lu wants it, I have a lot of land planted in my house, and I will give it to you. I was thinking of picking fruit to exchange for some money in the future, but I didn't wait until then... I'm afraid it will turn out to be more. Wait a few more years."

Lu Tuhao frowned, and didn't even ask what fruit tree it was: "I want it all, but I can't take advantage of you and give me the price."

Lin Rong waved his hand: "This tree is not worth much. , can be seen everywhere in the mountains. For example, those villages are full of them, and they are nothing at all."

Lu Ciyu wanted to give him money, but Lin Rong refused desperately. Lu Ciyu could only suppress his mind and plan for peace. After calculating the tree money, the villagers in the mountain gave Lin Rong a share.

He patted Lin Rong on the shoulder and said, "Then when you send the letter, please explain by the way, I want to buy a tree, and I want as much as I have."

"If you don't have enough money, just find me directly."