Japanese Food || Goemon

( No Gender reader x Goemon)

-

"The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Lupin teases.

Goemon shook his head vigorously to get rid of the memory: a saying he couldn't understand.

What a foolish thought.

-

You've been with the gang for merely 3 days, yet it felt like you've known them all your life.

In theory, you have known them all your life; the three thieves always dashing across news channels, doing intense car chases, and causing ruckus of every kind in every other country they come about all the time.

Now, they are chatting at a dinner table of your family's restaurant whilst you're in the kitchen. After all the trouble you caused, you figured that cooking them a good meal is all you're good for at the moment.

You turn off the stove, the boiling pot sizzling with orange liquid, shredded cooked chicken, and pasta with bits of red and green bell peppers. You were quick to serve the three men outside plates of pasta.

Lupin howls with delight, rubbing his hands swiftly as if he's preparing for the feast of his lifetime though it is only for a light plate.

Jigen grinned as well, bouncing off the gentleman thief's energy with a giddy smile. The smell of the wine in the sauce seemed to entice him.

It was Goemon you were concerned of.
The samurai showed no yearning for food in general.

"Here, all I have are forks." You quietly say as you hand them over three metal forks.

Lupin smiles charmingly. "Thank you, Y/N!" He says before picking up his plate and scarfing the food down, Jigen following suit as well.

"Wow, this is pretty good." Jigen murmurs in mild surprise as he twirls the pasta around his fork.

You stand at the edge of the worn out restaurant table, pleased by the two's reactions.

Yet Goemon sits silently, looking at the darkness outside restaurant window other than a lone lamp post. Lupin loudly taps the samurai's plate with his fork.

"Eat it, don't be rude!" Lupin mutters in mild annoyance. "If not, I'll take it."

"Split it!" Jigen seconds, nearly done with his plate already.

You watched as Goemon pushes his plate away for the others to eat upon.

"Suit yourself!" Lupin replies, twirling his fork as quick as he can as Jigen did the same.
The two fighting over food seemed entertaining, but your eyes were glued on the mysterious samurai.

"Is ...there something you can't eat in the dish?"
You ask Goemon, but Lupin beats him to answer.

"He's a picky eater."
Lupin says with a string of pasta dangling out his mouth. "Sometimes all he wants to eat is some Japanese food."

"Broaden your tastes warrior." Jigen grumbles in advice, pasta and sauce dripping from his mouth as well.

"I-I can make a Japanese dish." You state bluntly.

The room grows quiet, the three now staring at you. Goemons sharp eyes caught you off guard; the sense of hope within them masquerade by judgement.