Wind Chime || Goemon

(Female Reader x Goemon, Castle of Cagliostro reference, sorry for the wait!)

I'm done for.

Sitting up against a tree trunk in the night, you hold yourself still. You bit off more than you could chew this heist. You knew you weren't a sharp shooter as Jigen or a runner as Goemon. But you're one hell of a fighter.

Yet you've fought too much. You didn't know it would end in a such a blood bath. But now you're too tired to stand, and too pained travel.

Lupin has told you about this before: where he waited out for his wounds to get better for days until he's ready to get away, when luck was on his side. You figured you'd never get yourself in that position...

This would be your first time doing so with no one around to help.

So much for luck.

"Just gotta... wait it out..."
Your mind feels drunk and fuzzy as your vision distorts and blurs. Your eyes droop, and soon you succumb to the sleepy darkness.

"LUPIN-SAMA!"

You suddenly open your eyes from a distance shriek.
A serious plea of your last name.
Considering how only your brother infamously is referred to that way, there was only one person who'd call out to you so formally. You dryly chuckle to yourself. It's just your predicament. Your luck of your favored savior. Your pain.

"It's ...Goemon.."
You muttered through bloodied chapped lips as your mind swirls to a deeper sleep.
"Goe... mon..."

Your consciousness is dark and bleak, practically pitch black. You know all you need is rest, even in this inconvinent setting. Surrounded by blood of yours and countless others, you feel like a beast ready to return to slumbering.

Something rustles nearby but you're too tired to check it out what it could be. Then you hear a cling. An ear piercing screech of metal slicing cleanly in half. Goemons katana.

It reminded you of a wind chime.

Like the ones people hang outside their door that you would trance you to sleep every night...

"Lupin-sama!"
You gasped wide awake. Your hair was a mess in front of your eyes. Your neck is sore. Your eyes moved around in the dim darkness, glancing down.

"Huh—wha—?"

Samurai sandals.

Your eyes follow up to Goemons. Out of breath, he wore this serious look. You must have looked as dead as you felt.

"Lupin-sama."

"Hey..."

Your eyes began drifting on their own. Goemon was gently patting your cheek, as if to keep you awake.
"Hmm-huh?"

"Don't move."

You hear feel the samurai slip his hand on dip in your back, peeling you away from the trunk of the tree you leaned upon. Immediately, you body began to bend and your wounds screamed a sharp pain.

"Ack!"
You grimace, but then you grinned.
That sick twisted, monkey-like grin.
Runs in the family.

"S-Sorry Lupin-sama." Goemon kindly whispers.

"D-Don't..."
You wince with every breath. Your chest is sore too.

Yet your lift your battered arms and wrap around Goemons neck. You lean back onto the trunk, hugging the samurai wearily. Goemon freezes up, letting you hold his head and neck close. Then, slowly, the samurai places his sword down and wraps his arms around your torso.