Chase For You || Yata

(Another Yata request! Sorry for the wait!)

You hear a gentle click behind you.
And it wasn't a door.

"Who are you!?"
Gorō Yatagarasu.

You froze, holding wrapping gauze in your hands. Slowly, you raise your hands up in the air as to surrender, or at least show he had nothing to fear of you.

The room was dim but warmly lit. Zenigata laid in front of you on the leather couch, covered in gauze and bandages you gave him. The same was for Yata, except he stands right behind you with a loaded gun.

"Who are you?!" Yata repeats.
His unwavering voice sounds threatening and demanding, but his outstretched bandaged arms holding a gun towards your back were undoubtedly quivering.

"I promise you..." You say carefully turning to face him. Your fleeting glance meets his beady eyes.
"I'm your friend."

The two of you retain your eye contact, deeply looking back at one another. You sense his tense body relaxing, his quickened breath lessening. You can't stop staring at each others eyes, searching for explanation.

A strange feeling occurs, an odd spark. Unknowingly, both of yours hearts throb in unison as one.

...

You pour him some hot water in his mug from the kettle.

"Thank you." Yata says solemnly. You're not sure why he's so sad considering he's comfortable, alive, and well due to you saving their asses.

You sit down across from him, intertwining your own fingers together to face him seriously.
"So.." You start.
"Do you remember what happened?
Before you ended up here?"

"Can't I ask how I got here?" Yata seconds back.

Not quick to answer questions right away. He seems serious too, trying to match your seriousness. Yet you know he is much more serious as a person than you are. Perhaps you are just an intense seeming person.

To be fair, you find the deflection pretty cute.
Or smart. Or at least precautionary.

"I heard a commotion in the mountains." You say, remembering staring out your cabins window to the night sky glowing with helicopters and spot lights.

"I decided to take a look. I know these trees like the back of my hand. I happen to take my wagon since I forgot to detach it from my bike and—"

"Wait," Yata interrupts. He was clearly invested.
"Why were you in such a rush? Why run to danger?"

You dryly scoff.
Then you nervously rub the back of your neck.

"Well, I do know that guy."
Your thumb points to the sleeping cop on the couch.

Yata is taken aback. "You know Zenigata?"

"I doubt he remembers me,"
You say, feeling a bit embarrassed.
"Before I moved here, I was a receptionist at a police station. Zenigata randomly started showing up and it was rumored Lupin was in the same city which is why Zenigata was there."

You sighed, looking up at the ceiling in remanisince.
"Zenigata said he wanted me to be his assistant considering how organized and attentive I was"

"Why didn't you?" Yata asks attentively.
He was leaning across the table practically, listening to your story. It wasn't like you had a way of words. You figured he got more interested by the word 'assistant'.