Bad Habit || Jigen

(Why are the Jigen ones always the longest aAAAA
Another very long one, inspired by Part 6 episode 15, genderless reader x Jigen)

You first met him in a mall.
Specifically a smoking room.

You left the stuffy building. While it's pretty dead for a local mall, your hermitness can make anything feel big and stuffy. And your tongue craved some nicotine. Your shoes echoed in the malls parking garage as you head over to the smokers room.

Inside the room, there was almost nobody. Almost. Just a lone guy sitting down in a fancy suit and a nice fedora. And a ridiculous beard. And a cigarette.

"Afternoon."
You greet with a tilt of your head as you sat down, fiddling your pockets for a smoke and a lighter.

Whipping out a cigarette, you start to flick with your lighter. Except it wasn't flicking. Not a flame in sight.  It catches the man's attention.

"Ah— ahaha..."
Chuckling dryly, you awkwardly try again, continuously, feeling weary of the echo it's creating.

Suddenly the man gets up. With a flash, his silver box lighter is lit in front of you. Such a rustic lighter too. Your eyes widen in wonder of its aged flame. Then you become flustered, embarrassed.

"O-Oh uh—Thank you."
You lend your cigarette to the flame, then bring it towards your mouth.

"No problem."

Then, he decides to sit diagonal from you. Awfully close, but you don't mind. You're two smokers in a smoker room after all.

"You've smoked for a while?"
You asked as smoke escapes your mouth.
Wait that's a horrible question.

The man snorts with a small grin.
"Yeah, you can say that. You?"

Oh, what a nice smile.
"Oh uh, it's just a bad habit."

"Isn't that what smoking's all about?"

"Y-Yeah, I guess so, heh!" You nervously chuckle.
"So ...what brings you to the mall?"

"I'm waiting on a friend, but seems like he's running late." He answers, glancing at his watch.

"Oh, then I hope he arrives shortly for you."

"And you?"

"Me? Just.. browsing. I like window shopping."
Boring.

"Hmm, sure sounds pleasant."

Maybe he's faking that smile.
Is he annoyed? I hope he's not annoyed...

"That's uh... I noticed your lighter.
It's pretty old, isn't it?" You point out.

"Oh what, this?"Jigen flicks the lighter out. The cap opens with a flame flickering before shutting out again. "Yeah it's been through a lot."

"I'm surprised it's still working."

"I get it fixed time to time. Add more fluid and all."

"Must be pretty special, how nice."

"Heh, I guess I wouldn't want to loose it."