Sweet Memories || Zenigata

(No Gender reader x Zenigata)

The rain pelted the umbrella above you with a gentle pitter-patter as you slowly saunter down the sidewalk. The lamp posts beside your red-brick apartment complex make the water on the sidewalk shimmer beside your bright red galoshes.

It made you smile, how the rainy breeze gently brush past your toasty cheeks. You go under the roof outside your apartments entrance to draw down your umbrella.

As you give the closed umbrella a small twirl for the rain droplets to flick off, a man storming down the sidewalk catches your eye.

You see a tall burly man. He wears a blue tie, white button down long sleeve, brown pants, and brown shoes, all that which were drenched. He marched forward looking lost and grouchy for how cold he was, hugging his own torso and large arms as he glanced around the location suspiciously.

Suddenly, the sound of a beat up car turns a sharp corner of your block with a loud screech filling your ears—something common in your neighborhood—before its' engine started roaring down your street.

Seeing the man ahead of you and the puddle on the tight street beside, you already knew what was bound to happen.

Shoot—!
You find yourself moving faster than your own comprehension.

The car quickly speeds by, its tires running across the puddle within the dip of the street. The water erupts with a wave heading towards the sidewalk, way past the curb.

"HEY!"
Your body was already set in motion.

The man can see the puddle beside him and instinctively ducks, embracing himself for a cold sensation. It gives you perfect room to swing your umbrella over his and your head.

The flimsy metal rods open to their fullest extent, pulling the nylon fabric, stretching it as much as it's willing to go.

Shutting your eyes, you huddle close to the drenched man who stares down at you in surprise as the water splashes onto the protection of your umbrella.

-
He murmurs something that you couldn't quite catch. You swore it was your last name.
-

The water drenches the umbrella with a splash, droplets flailing in the air.

The water drips off the black nylon fabric and onto the ground, mostly returning off the curb. You glance down. Luckily the water only got onto your guys's shoes.

Your head turns swiftly.

"Are you alright?" You firstly ask.

The mans eyes were glued to yours in surprise, too stoked to answer; He was silent, his mouth moving with words he cannot muster.

Perhaps shocked?
"A-Ah—here!" You hand the umbrella and you put in his hand. You nearly jumped from how his hands were freezing. "Agh, you're so cold! Would you like me to get you a hot drink?"

"L/N?" He asks.

So it was your last name. That's when it clicked. You look up at him surprised, your face growing pinker than before.

A sweet memory from the past arises.

"Z-Z—Zenigata?!"

...

You place a warm mug of black coffee in front of the inspector sitting at your tiny dining table, then you sit across with your own mug.

"What were you doing out in the rain like that?"
You asked as you hugged your mug with your palms, soaking in its warmth with the oversized sleeves of your sweater.