EIGHT

"His girlfriend?" Leena asked Jonathan from their room.

Jonathan was back from work and was taking a shower. She on the other hand, in a fit to avoid Micheal, had been staying at home for the past week. Being her own boss gave her that privilege, but now Jonathan was busy telling her about dinner plans with Micheal and his girlfriend.

What caught her attention most was that Micheal had a girlfriend, making her completely forget that she was still avoiding him. The kiss from that night was still on her mind. What was she thinking? She was a married woman busy getting all cozy with her ex.

The one week spent in hiding was meant to help her get to her senses. To finally remind herself that what she had with Micheal was in the past and it needed to stay in the past.

She might have needed more than a week because the thought of Micheal having a girlfriend deeply stung her. She did not even realize that she was, out of anger,  squeezing the shirt she had been folding while Jonathan described Micheal's girlfriend. Even his last statement, "she doesn't match up to you" was not enough to get her mind off it.

She snapped out of it when Jonathan asked her what she would make for dinner and finally stopped talking about Sandra. Was she actually jealous? Of a person she had not even met? What had become of her? She was not the type to get jealous, but it seemed Micheal somehow managed to bring out all these parts of her she did not even know and to stop it, she was no longer going to run from him. She was going to face him and it would start with this dinner.

                   *************
Bearable was the last word Leena would use to describe this dinner. Sandra was more than pretty. With the body of a Victoria secret model and the face of a K-pop princess, calling her pretty was an understatement.

She was so touchy and Micheal seemed to have all his attention on her. God! This was dinner not a PDA party. She felt so much rage building up inside her as she sat having to watch all this happen.

"...he followed me for so long, I eventually had to give in," Sandra said right before smiling at Micheal and pecking him.

It was supposed to be a peck until he turned it into a kiss. They had spent all that time listening to Sandra speak about how she and Micheal met and give all these unnecessary stories. Jonathan seemed very interested in everything she said and it was annoying.

It was relieving for Leena when she had to get up to go for dessert. She stood by the kitchen sink taking time to breathe her pent up anger away.

"Still sick?"

Micheal startled her and made her turn abruptly to face him. She had even forgotten about her little lie.

"I'm actually feeling much better. Thank you," she beamed a smile at him.

She turned back to the countertop tubs of ice cream in front of her which he guessed was dessert. His fake girlfriend idea seemed to be working. She looked infuriated earlier at the table, constantly munching on food to keep herself under control.

She was serving the icecream and staring at her in that sexy, body hugging dress, he couldn't help but think of just how good it would feel to fuck her right there. He reminded himself that this dinner was meant to break her, not him. He needed her to admit that she wanted him just as bad as he did her.

Leena could feel Micheal's gaze and it made her feel the heat in her rising. She had worn the dress intentionally and she could not care less that he was there with his girlfriend. She felt hands on her waistline and she smiled. It could only mean that it was working. She was still affecting him.

Instinctively, she gave access to her neck letting him trace kisses down to her shoulder. She bit her lip, her eyes closed as she pictured just how it would feel to have him kiss her lips again. To have his hands all over her body, studying her like some contract he would sign.

"I've wanted to do this to you since you showed up in this dress..."

Wait!!! That was not Micheal. She opened her eyes and suddenly turned to who she thought was Micheal. It was Jonathan.

"What is it? You look surprised," Jonathan asked.

"I uum... I just realized we still have two guests waiting for dessert at the table and the last thing we should be doing is getting cozy," she said while taking two servings of icecream with her, "help me with the other two."

She didn't give him room to say anything else and came to the living room to find Sandra all up on Micheal kissing him. The nerve she had to smile at her and act all innocent was even worse. In that moment, Leena would have loved to cover her in the icecream she held. He was hers first and if she was not mad before, she definitely was now.

When did Micheal leave the kitchen in the first place? He did not say anything. Not even ask about the kiss. How could someone who had been calling her nonstop after their last encounter suddenly be so unbothered by her. And how could he suddenly be so attracted to this Sandra person?

Leena did not care that she was acting like some whore. She had never liked the word but at that moment, she did not know what could best describe her. She was desperate. Desperate for Micheal. Desperate to get rid of the deep craving she had for him.

"You can arrange a meeting tomorrow to show me the designs you've made. It would be best to finish up soon."

Micheal had told her after dessert in a conversation they had before leaving, Sandra's arm locked around his and with him being overly sweet. He even tucked her hair behind her ear when it covered her face. It irritated her just watching them being all lovey dovey and she so badly wanted to get back at him.

There was no way she was going to believe that she did not affect him anymore. She did not feel the sparks on her own and she would prove it.