ELEVEN

Splitting headache, memory loss, unexplainable hunger... Leena could list them all. The after effects of her drinking that now hit her like a wave making her feel like shit. She flattered her eyes open to the familiar surrounding that was Micheal's room and the first question in her mind was how did she get there?

She immediately propped herself up to see Micheal seated by the floor to ceiling windows typing. He sat on the floor, with his shirt off and a laptop in front of him. He had some papers in hand which Leena guessed was work which he had brought home.

Micheal must have noticed Leena getting up because he immediately turned to her and with a little smile,he said, "good evening."

Evening? What time was it? How long had she been out? Leena was unsure of whether or not to respond to his greeting, so she only tried getting up. Awkward situations were difficult for her to handle. She was just about to get up before noticing that she was naked. Fully and utterly naked with not even a bra.

She stared at Micheal in horror the question 'did we...' wholly written all over her face.

"What?" Micheal asked pretending to be oblivious to whatever was going on in her mind.

"Did we...you know?" Leena trailed off her words hoping to God Micheal would give her the answer she needed.

"Did we what?"

Of course he was going to make her say it. He was so enjoying watching the look on her face while she was getting irritated because he obviously knew what she was asking.

"Did we have sex?"

"Oh!" Micheal responded casually, "yes we did. Don't you  remember? You kept screaming my name so much that if I had neighbours, they'd think I was killing you. It's a shame, I thought you'd remember everything, maybe then we'd do it again," Micheal said going back to his work like what he said happens everyday. A married woman and her ex.

Leena felt two things in that moment. Regret and excitement. Regret because as much as she had fantasized about this man all day from the moment she saw him, she wanted things to pan out her way. At least with her  conscious and aware of what was happening, and after she had fully made the decision to do it.

Leena loved being in control to some extent just as she loved being dominated. She also thought of Jonathan. She was married and what Micheal was telling her meant that she had been unfaithful. She had broken his trust and yet for some reason, she did not feel remorse. Not as much as she thought she would.

Her excitement was from the thought of what Micheal's words felt like in action and as much as she wanted to feel bad about it, she did not. She wanted to scream his name while he took her from whatever position possible. She wanted to have him leave marks on her skin, to claim her and make her his. Even if it would only be temporary.

"Relax. I'm only joking. You insisted on taking off your clothes to be more comfortable...besides I like consent more than anything."

Leena's cheeks flushed with embarassment. What else might she have done while in her drunk state? She remembered having a talk with him. Something about perfection and her mother. Everything in her mind was blurry, except for the one information ringing in her head constantly. Her mom was getting married. AGAIN!!

For a second it was almost off of her mind. She had never been good at handling problems. She ran away from them instead of facing them. Which is why when her mother became a problem, she moved to a new city making sure no one knew anything about her stained past. When her boyfriend broke up with her, she replaced the feeling of being heartbroken with her involvement at the hive, and when she got attached and Micheal left, she immersed herself in work until Jonathan came along.

This time though she was not sure if she could keep running. She was not even sure what she was running from,what her actual problem was.

This was not the first time her mother was getting married to a new guy for the one obvious and constant reason of stability, which was just her mom's way of openly being a gold digger, but for some reason, this marriage news bugged her.

"Hey," Micheal said snapping his fingers to get Leena's attention, " what is it?"

"Ca...can I have my clothes back? I need to leave," Leena said smiling brightly at Micheal as if to neutralize what she had just said.

The last thing Micheal expected from Leena after the not so sober conversation at the hive was for her to leave his place without making things clear between them. It was now clear that she loved him just as much as he did her. Weren't things suppose to be easier from that point.

Did she even remember what happened? Did she remember telling him how much she loved him? Or the time when she kissed him and asked him to leave Sandra at the house. That could not have only been the alcohol.

Leena stepped out of the bathroom moments later, dressed. She was going to leave without a word to lessen whatever tension would keep building up in the room. Anything she had to say to him which would basically involve an apology for her behavior while drunk and to thank him for babysitting her would be said over the phone.

She got her bag and just as she was about to open the bedroom door, she heard Micheal speak.

"Things would have been different if you told me how you felt."

Leena turned to him looking a bit confused. What did he mean? And as though Micheal read her mind, he responded,
"If you'd told me you loved me."

What the fuck!! Just how much did she tell him while drunk? It was clear she had a long conversation with him way before she was ready and this was a situation she would not easily get away from. Some things had to be cleared up.

AN; chapter 11 guys 🤗. I'm trying to make sure I give updates daily but i'm really hoping I can get more thoughts from you all about what the book is like...so please don't forget to hit a star and leave a comment.
All my love ♥️