NINE

Leena's entire dress code was intentional. He short white dress that showed most of her body than it covered,with its back bare and a cleavage not even Victorian era dresses could compete.

She was practically dressed like a decent stripper and it was no surprise she had so many people staring at her as she walked through the door of Micheal's company to the reception.  The two most readable emotions from the stares being envy and lust.

Micheal was expecting her so she was soon out of the elevator, at the top most floor heading to his office and she felt a rush of excitement just thinking of what she was doing or what she would do. What she found at his office was however unexpected in the most annoying way.

"Sandra?" She called out while standing by the door staring at the person by the door.

Did he seriously string his girlfriend along for an official meeting? Not that she was making this look official in any way but still.

"Leena," Sandra smiled moving to hug her, "we were expecting you."

"We?" Leena asked looking towards Micheal's direction while being hugged by Sandra. She was only here as early as eight ,dressed as she was, to meet one person. Not two!!!.

"Yes well, Micheal asked me to come help him pick from the ideas you'll give. I hope you don't mind."

She smiled brightly at her before saying,"not at all."

Of course she did but it was not like she could say that to her face, but three hours later, she wished she did. This was worse than the dinner not only because of Sandra's presence but the fact that Micheal seemed so comfortable with the whole thing. Pulling her to sit on his lap, random kisses from Sandra. It was as if she was not seated right in front of them.

Micheal on the other hand felt nothing but rage and oddly enough satisfaction too. Sandra was starting to take the whole fake girlfriend thing too far. She had literally showed up at his office so early without telling him. Leena was meant to show up alone, so they would have the office to themselves, just in case she gave in.

The rules were simple for Sandra. She was only to show up when he called her. Aside from that, it seemed like she had started building castles in her head forgetting all this was not real. It was not surprising since she was not the first to do that but he knew how to handle it.

Seeing Leena show up in that dress though was a clear sign that his plan was working. She was dressed to impress him and it was working. He couldn't help but steal glances at her. God she was sexy.

He had to find a way to hide the bulge on his trousers and he pulled Sandra to sit on his lap. He did not miss the flash of annoyance spread on Leena's face from his actions and he could not hide the smile slowly spreading on his face. She was jealous and Lord! She looked even prettier when angry.

Leena's phone rang making her realize she had had the meeting longer than it was meant to last. It was the last person she expected  a call from. Her mom.

"Mom?"she received the call after excusing herself.

"How's my favorite child doing."

"Mom I'm your only child."

She sighed in frustration. Her mom only called whenever she needed something and she could not imagine what it was this time. She always found a way to surprise her with every new demand.

This time though, it was more than a demand.

"You're where?!" Leena asked, unintentionally raising her voice over the phone attracting Sandra and Micheal's attention.

She had to excuse herself to go meet her mom at the reception with no idea of how she even figured she was there.
If she thought she was dressed indecently, then she had no idea how to describe her mom's look and honestly, all she wanted was to get her out of that place, to the house. And perhaps make sure she was locked in it.

"How's Joseph?' her mom asked on the drive home.

"You mean Jonathan?"

"Ah!! Yes."

Not that her mom cared how her husband was. The woman never even showed up to their wedding. She was stuck in rehab and had to miss her own daughter getting married. Leena was not surprised. It was her mom's habit to not be involved in her life as much and she was okay with it. All she needed to know was what her mom was doing in town.

"Okay mom,tell me honestly. Why are you here? And it's definitely not to visit me or my husband so what is it?" Leena asked after a long conversation with her mom which she entirely missed.

Her mom sighed clearly failing at her attempts to make conversation, "fine. I'm getting married."

Leena stopped the car abruptly startling even her mom. Was she seriously getting married? Again! She had remarried so much that Leena had completely lost count of how many there were.

She had watched her mom's love life while growing up and promised herself that she would not turn out like her. She lived up to it by marrying Jonathan and making sure she was not divorced.

She finally thought her mom stopped after she got married but now here she was. Talking about yet another wedding. Another introduction to another of the many guys she would have to explain her relation to.

Her mom was the only downside to her perfect life. One downside she could not fix and the last thing she wanted was an argument.

Leena stepped out of the car and gave her mom her address.  The last thing she wanted was to be around her mom, around the one person who reminded her of the imbalance she had in her life and she went to the hive.

The last place she,a married woman, should have dared step in.