FIFTEEN

"What was that?" Leena questioned right after Sandra walked out.

"I should be asking you that question..."

"No mom. Why did you barge into my conversation? I was handling the entire situation."

"Not so well it seemed and I was only trying to help..."

"No mama!" She said with her long forgotten Texas accent making her mom realize just how serious she was. The last time she called her 'mama' was on her wedding day,over the phone and after that, she did not call for over five months.

" You were making things worse just like you've always done,"

"That's not fair Helena . I stepped in because  I care and I wasn't going to let that gold digger insult you."

"Oh please mom!" she went on, "the last thing I need is for you to act like you care coz I know you don't..."

"That's not true, I do care about you deeply."

"Oh really," Leena gave a dry sarcastic chuckle,

"Is it the same way you did when you left me alone with my abusive excuse of a father to go get married to your boyfriend? Did you care when I was forced into drugs and almost died because you were not there? Hell!! Did you even care when I had good things coming for me? You did not even care enough to attend my own wedding mom, or get to know my husband's name. You have always come in and out of my life as you please and you leave a mess every fucking time mom... You do not get to talk about care mom because you know absolutely nothing of it."

Leena did not give her  mom any time to respond and ran up stairs to  her room, trying her best to not let her  mom see the tears that threatened to fall down her cheeks any minute.  She locked up her door and screamed into her pillow letting out everything she had been holding back.

She had never spoken to her  mom in that manner and she definitely had never talked about her childhood with her. She bottled everything up avoiding it, covering it all up despite knowing it all still existed. She would eventually have to face  them but it was not today.  She let herself cry as much as it all came to her numbing herself to everything else around  her for a moment.

                    ******************
Leena must have fallen asleep because she woke up to her phone ringing. It was Jonathan calling to let her know he had an unplanned business trip to Rome and he would be back in four days. It was already 10 pm in the night and the entire house felt awfully quiet.

She tiptoed downstairs to find that the house was empty. Her mom was gone. Had she been too insensitive with her words? Did she push her own mom away and where in the world could she have gone to? Leena was definitely not going to stay in the house drowning in guilt.

She called up Rachel to go out for a drink. It felt like weeks since she hanged out with her girls but she did not need all of them around. That would be too much drama now that she had enough going on. As expected, Rachel was always free and ready when it involved men and tequila. They met at a bar Rachel chose and she got to catch up on what had been going on.

Jean was getting divorced being tired of having to hide her ongoing fling with her husband's assistant and on top of it all, she was being granted half of what he owned. As for Kate, they finally understood why she never fired her maid despite knowing about her husband's infidelity with her. She was also screwing their maid and now the biggest question was if  it was now like a threesome thing between them. Was she gay? What did that mean for her marriage now?

Drew had proposed to Rachel and she had told no one yet, except for Leena and it was very clear, she had found 'the one'. You could see it, the glow in her eyes every time she spoke about him, the joy radiating from her whole body and the sex talk. She just could not keep the details to herself and mentioning her amazing sex life reminded Leena of one thing, Michael.

She would have loved to tell herself that what happened between them was a mistake, and mistakes should not be repeated but how she yearned to make this mistake again. To feel his skin, his soft touch, his tender kisses all over her body, him moving inside her all over again.

"Hey!!?" Rachel snapped her fingers bringing Leena back to reality.

"Are you okay? You haven't told me how things are with you."

"Honestly there's nothing to tell. Jonathan and I are good..."

"As always," Rachel interrupted, "but there has to be an explanation for this new aura you have on you."

Even she did not notice the new aura Rachel was busy talking about so she simply brushed it off letting Rachel's imagination run wild as it was already evident on her face. She was cooking up something in her mind and it was definitely the answer to the sudden intrusive, almost creepy, smile forming on her face.

"Leena?"
"What?  Why are you giving me that look?"
"Are you pregnant?"

"Jesus No!" Leena said rather loudly making the bartender stare at them for a second before she calmed herself.

The last thing Leena would be in that moment was pregnant. She just got back to work and a child was not a topic she wanted to have even though Jonathan's parents could not stop asking about it.

She eventually left the bar with a more than what they planned drunk Rachel making her the babysitter that night and with her mind occupied with Michael, she forgot the fact that she had no idea where her mom was and fell asleep minutes after she got home.

AN; *it's been a minute...new chapters soon*