Chapter 24 - Lucy

I let out a relieved sigh when I finally saw the dark Cupra pulling up in my street, having feared that Alexia had forgotten she was supposed to pick me up for our game against Levante Las Planas.

"Hola capitana" I greeted her as I got into the modern car, escaping the strong wind that was cooling the hot weather down. "How are you today?"

"Good, thank you" She stated as she backed out of my driveway.

"I'm glad you feel better" I said, not being able to withhold of the information Mapi had trusted me with a few days ago for any longer. "Does that maybe have something to do with a certain small brunette?"

Alexia abruptly slammed the brake, causing the cars behind us to angrily honk at her. "How do you know about her?"

"I don't expose my trusted sources" I smirked, gesturing her to continue to drive.

"It was Mapi, wasn't it? That girl can't keep her mouth shut" Alexia scolded angrily, the car moving in a big jump as she let go of the brake.

"Don't be mad at her, she had no choice" I defended the blonde.

"You always have a choice."

I thought back to my hand slowly making its way up her leg as she had been driving to other day, pressuring her to confide in me why she had been so confused by Alexia getting into that car.

"No, she definitely didn't have one" I smirked before my expression turned more serious. "But I thought you were happy with Jenni?"

"It's not that simple" the captain sighed sadly.

"It is. You simply can't choose which one of your exes to date."

"Well, if you put it that way... I mean, Jenni was always the one for me before she left, but I just don't think I can forgive her."

"What made you change your mind?" I wondered as they had seemed so happy just a few weeks ago.

"Olga did, actually. I stumbled into her three weeks ago after not having seen her in quite a bit and it brought back so many memories. It's just always so easy with her."

"Easy isn't always better" I reminded her. "Does Jenni know?"

Another deep sigh escaped the brown-haired woman's mouth. "That's the worst part. A fan account recognized my hand on Olga's Instagram story and sent it to her. She's furious, but then again, it's not like we're official or anything."

"You have to listen to your heart" I told her. "However, I know Jenni hurt you deeply, but don't do the same to her. You know better than that."

The Barcelona captain nodded in silence, gesturing me that she didn't want to continue to talk about her love triangle.

One and a half hours later I sat on the bench in the changing room of the Estadi Johan Cruyff, waiting for the signal for us to head outside. Jonatan had decided to let me start again today, however Mapi, who wasn't starting, seemed to be more nervous than me.

"What's up?" I wondered, softly stroking over her hand.

"It's so stupid" the blonde sighed with a worried look on her face. "But I just can't let go of that fucking own goal last week. I'm scared it will happen again today."

Feeling bad for her, I pulled her into a tight embrace, ignoring the fact that we were in a room filled with our teammates and staff. Ingrid had been avoiding both Mapi and me, so we didn't know if she had told anyone about seeing us, but I was hoping she hadn't as I didn't even know myself what this was. After all, it was Mapi. She basically invented sleeping with your teammates.