52) Celebrations!

Song dedicated to this chapter- laung da lashkara!❤️

In the evening of the same day,

Around 5'o clock!

Rehmaat was getting ready for the Jaggo ceremony of her Gulabo and jeez!

Her Pushpa insisted to get her ready as well as have some bonding time!

"Blessing what exactly is a Jaggo ceremony?" Manavi asked curiously.

"Ok so Pushpa In this ceremony, the family dances and sings in the beautifully decorated wedding home.

Jaggo is celebrated in the last hours of the night. They decorate copper or brass vessel called khadaa with diveh (clay lamps) and fill them with mustard oil and light them.

The bride or bridegroom's maternal aunt (mami) carries it on her head, and another woman will carry a long stick with bells, shaking it.

The women will then go into other friends' and families' homes; after being welcomed by sweets and drinks, they dance there and move on. It is a loud ceremony, filled with joy, dancing, fireworks, and food.

And today we are going to celebrate it,
We all have prepared special dance performances too!" Rehmaat said while wearing the small golden studs in her ears.

Dressed in Mustard salwar kameez with bright red phulkari dupatta, her neck was bare, her ears had small golden studs while her statement jewelry was a big traditional peepal patiyan wala mang tika or Punjabi traditional head jewelry!

"Blessing if you don't mind can I ask you something?" Suddenly Manavi said while visibly getting tensed.

"Why will I mind? Ask it away?" Rehmaat said casually while pinning the dupatta with safety pin!

"How did you...... How did you forgive us all so easily?" Manavi asked with a guilty face!

"I didn't! I didn't forgive you all easily you know Pushpa Veda Kaka told me everything 6 years ago well not the news of your pregnancy or your marriage as I think he thought that it was your right but other than that he told me everything.