Chapter 11

Aeliana really wanted to burst out into laughter but held herself back and spoke to him.

"But brother, I'm not making him not play with you."

"What?"

Aeliana lifted her head up and placed her hands on her hips. He played many pranks on her, she might as well play one back.

She pointed at him and said, "Brother Darius doesn't want to play with you because he finds you boring!"

As if lightning had struck Marius, his face paled. He stared at Aeliana in devastation before tears welled up in his pink eyes. His lips quivered as he spoke,

"...He finds me boring..?"

Aeliana widened her eyes in horror. In her head sirens were going off. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he added,

"D..does that mean h—he hates me?" he hiccuped and sobbed.

In a panic, Aeliana quickly hugged him and shouted, "No! Brother Darius doesn't hate you!! He will never find you boring too!"

"Then why won't he play with me..." Marius cried louder, rubbing the tears coming out of his eyes.

Aeliana shook her head and grabbed hold of Marius by his cheeks. With her tiny hands, she forced him to look her in the eye.

"Brother Darius will never ever find you boring or hate you!!"

Marius sniffled, "But—"

She grabbed his hand and dragged him out of her room, "Then we will ask him!" she exclaimed.

They ran down the hallway until they reached the room the twins slept in. Aeliana didn't care if she was being rude but she burst the door open and called his name out.

"Brother Darius!"

Darius who was reading his book looked up in confusion. He turned towards the loud sound and saw his twin and Aeliana standing there.

"What is it?" he questioned before his eyes fell on Marius who had red eyes and a snotty nose.

He jumped up from his seat and dashed towards them, his eyes as big as saucepans.

"What happened!?" he asked, looking at both of them.

Marius sniffled and looked down at the ground in response while Aeliana tugged on Darius' sleeve.

"Brother Marius thinks you find him boring and hate him," she explained.

Darius turned to Marius, "Is that true?"

"..." Marius didn't answer, finding the ground extremely interesting instead.

Darius hugged Marius and said, "I don't hate you, why did you think that?"

Marius slowly wrapped his arms around Darius and muttered, "Because she—"

"Because brother wouldn't play with him!" Aeliana quickly butts in.

Darius held a puzzled look on his face before realising. He laughed and shook his head, "Sorry Marius, I have been reading the entire time. Let's go play okay?"

Marius blinked his tears away before responding, "Promise?"

Darius nodded, "I promise I will play with you more."

Aeliana looked at them before quietly slipping away. In the end, she helped them reconcile so it was time for her to rest. She returned to her room and without a second thought, she jumped onto her bed and fell asleep.

She was so tired, that she didn't have dinner that day and slept till the morning. She stirred in her sleep before drowsily blinking her eyes open. A yawn escaped her mouth as she stretched her short arms.