Chapter 38

Aeliana let out a yawn, rubbing her eyes sleepily. Today was the day Leon was leaving to the academy and begin his studies. It was early in the morning, the birds had only begun chirping and the air was cool and breezy making Aeliana shiver slightly.

She was dressed in a simple light pink dress by Flora and was now carried by her father. She leaned against him and slowly grew tired due to how warm it was.

"Eli, you can't sleep yet. We still have to say goodbye to your big brother." Cassian said, poking her cheeks.

She let out a soft grunt before sitting up straight. The three brothers were chatting with Leon as the coachmen placed the final luggage into the carriage.

"Come back soon brother!" Marius spoke cheerfully.

"Take care, brother Leon.." Darius muttered.

"Don't forget to send letters at least," Claud yawned before swinging his arm around Leon's shoulder.

"Yes, I'll do all of that. You all must take care of yourselves and don't make father worry a lot."

They all nodded. Leon briefly smiled and nodded, "I will be back in the holidays. See you by then."

Cassian walked over to where he was and lightly engulfed him into a hug, "Take care at the academy. Write to me about anything or if something happened."

"I will but I don't think anything will happen that would require a letter to be sent to you."

Cassian chuckled, "I know but just in case."

Aeliana and Leon met eyes and after a pause, Aeliana raised her hand and waved goodbye.

"Take care," she muttered.

"...You too," he replied back before heading inside the carriage.

As the coachman began moving the carriage, the whole family waved goodbye to Leon until the carriage disappeared out of their sights.

Aeliana heaved a yawn. She was still too sleepy to function properly so in the end after Leon had left for the academy, she slept until late afternoon. Upon waking up from her slumber, she heard a knock on her door.

"My lady, may I come in?" a maid spoke through the door.

"Yes,"

The maid walked into the door with a small neatly wrapped gift in her palms. Aeliana glanced at it with confusion before thanking the maid as it was handed to her. She carefully unwrapped it and a small pink ink pen was nicely resting in the box.

Puzzled, she took it into her hands and twirled it around. Then she noticed a letter inside the gift box and began reading it.

Dear Aeliana,

I have left a simple present that should be given to you once I have left. Your knowledge on the Imperial language isn't perfect so remember to practice on it.

P.S You are not the only one to have received a gift so don't think hard into this.

Leon

Aeliana stared at the short and straightforward letter from Leon before bursting into a fit of laughter. Leon really did care about her! She held the gift inside her arms.

'What a precious gift I got from him..'

After that, every two days she would go to the library and study together with the pen she got from Leon.