Chapter 25

Weeks flashed by quickly and the servants in the dukedom were busy preparing for Aeliana's first-ever tea party. Oliver had been instructed by Cassian to oversee the tea party to ensure everything is perfect and in place.

Aeliana heard from Oliver himself that Cassian wanted to be the one to oversee it but the amount of work he recently had increased resulting in him being unable to do it.

While the tea party was being prepared and set up, Flora and the other maids had been searching for different dresses, accessories, and hairstyles for her to wear for the party. Although Aeliana already chose the things she preferred, they continued picking out new ones to compare.

It wasn't just her maids who were excited, even Madam D'Aramitz was making her do curtsy practices more as well as throwing questions about table manners. She even told a few tips and sentences to use during events which baffled Aeliana.

In Aeliana's head, she cried out; 'I'm just a kid! Why are they acting like I'm twelve!!'

When she brought this up to Madam D'Aramitz, her tutor smiled and answered; "Well, normally I don't do this to such a young child however you have shown extraordinary skills in understanding and applying them. I was and still am very sure you will understand my lessons."

Aeliana could only woefully laugh at her words and continue her lessons for the day.

When she was freed from her tutor, she walked through the hallways greeting any workers who walk past her but there were a few as most were busy.

The tea party for her was going to be held outside, in one of the gardens but there was another event that needed to be prepared as well. It was the twin's birthday and although it wasn't going to be big, it will be held in a smaller ballroom inside the duchy. Invitation letters have already been sent to people who were related to the Alston's and those close to the family.

The preparations for the birthday party had been going on a week before Aeliana's. Aeliana reached out and asked if she could be of any help in helping her tea party but all the servants shook their heads and politely told her she didn't need to help them.

As she didn't have anything to do now, she decided to visit her brothers.

'Maybe they are doing something fun' she thought to herself as she walked to the practice area.

There she found her twin brothers she was searching for. Their tutor was there as well, watching over the twins as they practised. Darius had a frown between his brows whilst swinging his wooden sword and Marius had a grin on his face.

Aeliana nearly laughed at how different their expressions were. Hugen noticed Aeliana and smiled.

"Why my lady! What brings you here? Visiting your brothers like the usual?" he asked.

"Hello sir Hugen, yes I'm here to visit my brothers." Aeliana cheerfully spoke, sending a smile to Hugen.

Hugen let out a guffaw and lifted her up in his arms.

'Woah! What sturdy arms' Aeliana thought in awe, glancing at Hugen's arms that carried her easily with no hassle.

"Marius, Darius, you can have a break." Hugen strictly spoke.

"Finally..." Darius muttered, dropping the wooden sword with an exhausted expression.

"I still want to do more!" Marius said and continued his practice.

Hugen raised an eyebrow before adding on, "Your little sister is here."

Marius paused and kept still for a few seconds before dropping his practice sword and saying, "On second thought, I'm exhausted! Thank you for the break!"

"Aeliana!" the twins called out to her as Hugen placed her back on the ground.

"Hi brothers!" she happily greeted them.

The three of them sat on the bench.

"Were you bored?" Darius asked to which Aeliana nodded in reply.

"I didn't feel like reading and I wanted to help for my tea party but everyone said it's fine." Aeliana sighed as she had a downcasted look on her face.

"Marius and I will play with you after our practice," he replied to her, patting her on the head softly.

"Really?"

"Of course."

"Then I won't bother you anymore, I'll wait for you in the garden!"

"We will be done fast." Marius spoke before hesitantly reaching out to pat her.

"Marius you look so awkward.." his younger brother pointed out.

He immediately retracted his hand and shouted, "Wh—what do you mean!? I was going to mess her hair up!"

'It's very obvious that was not the case'

Aeliana and Darius glanced at each other before smiling at Marius' actions. He glared at them before getting up from the bench and running over to Hugen.

"Hugen let's continue practice!!!"

"You little—! It's Sir Hugen!"

"Ow! You didn't need to smack me on the head!!"

"That's what you get, now grab your sword and we will continue where we left off!"

Aeliana heard a long sigh that came from Darius. He had a tired look as he slowly got up.

"I hate sword practice..." he muttered under his breath before smiling at her.

"We will see you later okay Aeliana?"

She nodded and said, "Yes brother, good luck with practice."

He lightly laughed and headed to where Marius and Hugen were at. Aeliana watched them practice a bit more before leaving the practice field.

She headed inside the mansion and heard a melody echoing through the house. She listened closely. It sounded like a violin and whoever was playing it, played a mellow yet sombre melody.

Aeliana pondered that whoever was playing this piece must be experiencing something...or just someone who loves this type of music, it was one or another.

She gradually began to follow the music, the volume increasing steadily as she walked. She eventually stopped in front of a door that was ajar. Pushing the door a bit more to see who was playing the violin, Aeliana found Claud standing there.

His eyes were closed shut while his hands continued playing the violin. There was only him in sight, the music filling every space of the room. He looked at peace with himself, playing the piece until the last note.

His arctic blue eyes fluttered open as he ended the piece. He stared at his violin before sighing.

"It's not good enough.." he mumbled to himself.

'Not good enough? It sounded amazing...'

Aeliana must have placed a bit more strength than she wished to as the door moved more, creating a creaking sound which caught Claud's attention.

She made eye contact with Claud who stared at her in shock.

"You..." he raised his finger and pointed at her.

She meekly laughed, "H..hello brother..."