Chapter 14

"I'll tell you about the game now, Marius so listen carefully alright?" Claud spoke once he and the twins were inside the carriage.

Marius earnestly nodded, leaning forward towards him. Claud chuckled at Marius before carrying on,

"The game is simple. All you have to do is take as much attention from dad. Got it?"

Marius raised an eyebrow at Claud's odd game, "That's it? Are you sure it's even a game?"

"Why? You think you won't be able to win a simple game like this?" Claud provoked him, grinning widely.

Sure enough, Marius was riled up. He scoffed, folding his arms, "There's no way I won't win! Fine, let's play this game!"

Darius glanced at his older twin and quietly shook his head. He better keep a lookout on his twin just in case some trouble happens.

Before Claud split up with them to follow Leon, he leaned over to Marius and whispered,

"The game starts once I leave."

When Claud left with Leon, Marius began thinking of ways of getting their father's attention. He continued pondering all the way till he reached the toy store. Upon entering the store, an idea popped into his mind and quickly whisked Darius away with him into a toy section.

Darius glanced at the toys before poking him on the arm, "Are we at the right place?"

Marius nodded with a smug grin, "Yup! This will definitely gain dad's attention for a long time!"

"But—"

"Dad come over here and see this!!" Marius shouted, startling a few customers that were inside the store as well.

Darius hid his face in embarrassment and shook his head. Not long afterwards, their father came and looked at the dolls sitting on the shelves.

He raised an eyebrow before bringing his gaze onto Marius. He pointed at the dolls and said, "Marius, I didn't know you were interested in these now."

Marius blinked before his eyes widened in realisation, "No! Not for me! No way!" he frantically shook his head till he was almost dizzy.

"It's for her!" he exclaimed.

Their father chuckled and nodded, patting Marius on the head as he spoke,

"I see, this is for Aeliana, right? How kind of you, Marius."

Hearing his father praise him, his heart swelled up with happiness and he grinned widely.

"Of course! Let's pick one for her!"

"But Marius, do we know what kind of doll she likes?" Darius questioned as he looked at the large variety of dolls they could pick from.

"Um...let's look around first!"

"That's a good idea, Marius. Why not we each choose one and ask her to pick her favourite later?" their father suggested.

He and Darius swiftly agreed and began searching around. They searched high and low through the shelves before settling on something that caught their interest. They returned to where their father was waiting.

"Did you two find one?" their father asked, holding a doll in his hand as well.

Marius nodded, holding up the doll he had picked out. It was a doll that had short black hair and black buttons for eyes. The doll was dressed in a guard outfit and its right hand was touching its forehead, saluting.

Darius on the other hand held a female doll with two pigtails and pink buttons for eyes. It wore a cute yellow dress and had a tiny flower in its hair.

Their father looked at the dolls before chuckling, "Looks like the dolls you two picked out is something that Aeliana might like."