Chapter 52

When Aeliana woke up the next day, the sun was barely waking up as well. She let out a yawn and stretched her body before freshening herself up. Once she was dressed, she heard a knock on her door.

Cautiously she asked, "Who is it?"

"It's me Eli, Darius."

"Oh brother,"

She slowly opened the door, finding Darius standing in front of her with a warm smile.

"I had a feeling you already woke up," he began, "Do you want to walk around the town?"

"It's dangerous for us to go alone."

"I know, that's why two guards are following us." Darius pointed to the back where Aeliana noticed two of their guards waiting for them.

The two of them left the inn and walked around the town. Even though it was early into the day, there were already people walking around. The walk was calming and peaceful. Neither of them spoke but each other's presence was enough. They returned to the inn where everyone else was waiting and headed back on the road, continuing the journey to the Capital.

It wasn't long until they finally reached the Capital. Aeliana peeked out the windows, admiring the tall rows of buildings, decorated with colourful strings from building to building. The carriage continued until it stopped in front of a large house.

Cassian got down first before her brothers and her. She looked up at the house before turning to her father.

"Is this our house?"

He nodded, "Yes Eli. This is our house in the Capital."

"Welcome Your Grace, it's been a while since your previous journey to the Capital." a butler bowed.

Cassian turned his focus to him and continued talking as they headed inside the house. Marius swung his arm around Aeliana's shoulder and bumped against her roughly. She shot a quick glare at him but brushed it off.

"Wanna do anything?" Marius asked, shaking her slightly as they walked in.

She shrugged, "My main priority was getting new clothes."

He scoffed and in a high-pitched tone, he said; "Boringgg. Let's sightsee!"

Aeliana rolled her eyes and let out a yawn, "No I'm tired."

Marius smirked and tickled her sides before wrapping his arms around her tightly, capturing her. Aeliana groaned and wiggled around, struggling to get out of his hold.

"Nuh-uh, I play with swords daily, alien. You are going to come with me whether you like it or not." he cheekily laughed as he informed their father about their schedule before dragging her out.

Aeliana let out a cry of despair as she was taken away by Marius with Darius trailing behind as he shook his head at the scene he was watching first-hand.

As they walked around the Capital, there were many shops which were open and bustling with business. Many townspeople walked passed them, going on with their daily lives. Marius never let her hand go, despite her asking him to.

"You will disappear if I do." was what he had said as he continued holding her hand.

Aeliana sighed and quietly followed along, taking in the beautiful structures around them. Marius suddenly stopped causing her to bump her nose into him. She rubbed the sore spot on her nose before asking,

"Why did you stop brother?"

Marius turned to her and pointed at a blacksmith store. She could see the excitement in his pink eyes as he spoke.